Koodo Community

Community

Solved

MMS on Note 4

Userlevel 5
I have the Samsung Note 4. I am unable to send or receive MMS pics. I have mobile data on, I have restarted my phone, removed the battery and the SIM and re-inserted. Stil unable to send and receive. Any ideas?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Under mobile networks and access point names, is your APN koodo.sp or something else. It should be koodo.sp
Userlevel 5
this is what I have

Userlevel 7
Please turn your wifi off and send a screenshot again....your signal may actually be too low to use data effectively and that might be why it's not working for you.
Userlevel 5
I have, however I don't think that is the issue, I have tried when I have full bars both in 4g and LTE. I live rural, but there is several sopts in my house that I get 3+ bars. Even in the city with full bars I am unable to send or receive MMS, regular text is fine

Userlevel 7
Daniel Hryb wrote:

I have, however I don't think that is the issue, I have tried when I have full bars both in 4g an...

Navigate to settings..apps...messaging Clear the cache and data for the app Restart your device and try again
Userlevel 5
This might be a silly question, but if I clear the Data, will I loose all the text messages?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Hryb wrote:

This might be a silly question, but if I clear the Data, will I loose all the text messages?

I didn't think of that but yeah you might. Okay new idea Grab gosmspro from the play store and try sending with that.
Userlevel 5
Daniel Hryb wrote:

still a no go
Userlevel 7
Daniel Hryb wrote:

Screen shot time Open your koodo.sp apn and let's see what's on the mmsc: line
Userlevel 5
Have we checked the plan yet? Some of the original plans had a separation between SMS and MMS. Just make sure... Something silly and trivial that could affect it.
Userlevel 5
I just recently upgraded my phone, and kept my orginal plan, so no changes there Attached is the screenshot you asked for Chad

Userlevel 7
Daniel Hryb wrote:

I just recently upgraded my phone, and kept my orginal plan, so no changes there Attached is t...

The mms port should be 80 The proxy should be 74.49.0.18 Can you edit this ?
Userlevel 7
Userlevel 5
Awesome, thanks everyone who helped. I changed the MMS Proxy to 74.49.0.18 and the MMS Port to 80. Everything is working. Odd how that wasn't set correct. I don't do a lot of MMS messaging so didn't notice it until today (I've had the phone since release day) Thanks again everyone!