Solved

MMS on Nexus 6 not working since Marshmallow update

Userlevel 6
Answers to FAQ

data is turned on
No data block on account
apn settings set correctly
phone has been powered off and back on

What are some other steps I can take to troubleshoot before just sitting back, blaming it on 6.0 and waiting for a patch.

Thanks 🙂

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Have you checked the app setting to see if MMS auto retrieve is on? I know it should be off because of stagefright but having it off caused problems on my Nexus 5 so im assuming same thing for the 6? 
Userlevel 6
Kakarot wrote:

Have you checked the app setting to see if MMS auto retrieve is on? I know it should be off becau...

Even with the feature turned off I should be able to tap the image to download it.
But I keep auto retrieve on and it still comes in the form of an optional download that when pressed, does nothing =[
Userlevel 3
Kakarot wrote:

Have you checked the app setting to see if MMS auto retrieve is on? I know it should be off becau...

I know you should be able to click and re download in that scenario but I was never able to do so on my N5 (personal experience though).  Maybe try using a different default texting app would be next suggestion but chances are is 6.0 issue and your going to have to wait for patch.  Best of luck though friend!
Userlevel 6
UPDATE: I literally just got an over the air software update.
I then tried sending an MMS and received one in return!

FIXED