Koodo Community

Community

Solved

MMS not received by one friend, but OK with others

I have a very peculiar scenario. Since updating my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) android version to 4.1.2 from 4.0.3 one of my friends with a koodo CDMA phone (not sure of model right now) cannot receive my MMS (picture messages). I will include some caveats to this statement below... They receive my texts fine. Previous to the update they could receive my MMS. Indeed, other friends can receive my text and MMS (iPhones, and Android GSM phones). I'm not sure if it is a CDMA phone issue and that their phone is older. However, they are capable of receiving MMS from their friends. Additionally, I can receive MMS from my friend with the CDMA phone and if I forward their MMS back to them, they receive the image they sent to me. Does anyone know if the compression/image format/sending process of the android update has changed in some way that does not allow certain older phones to receive the picture? Note: If I send an MMS that has a picture and text, the text portion arrives, but no image. If I send solely a picture for MMS a blank text arrives. My APN and MMSC is set up properly.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
We need to know the model of your friend's CDMA phone. it should be an EVDO phone
MatB wrote:

We need to know the model of your friend's CDMA phone. it should be an EVDO phone

Samsung Sph-m540
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

This Samsung M540 Slyde supports pciture messaging it has known issue regarding Incoming MMS with more than two pictures and audio files, it will not show all attached pictures/audios. you can only see two audio and two image files
MatB wrote:

Thanks for that info. However, as stated they were able to receive my mms prior to android update. I am also only sending one picture at a time.