Koodo Community
Solved

Missing SIM Number

I have the new Nexus 5 and wanted to change the phone registered to my account, but when I went into the store they clipped down my SIM card and now I don't have the full number to enter into the registration, what can I do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aye, I don't think there is a way to find the SIM number other than what's printed on it. Did the store give you the rest of the SIM card? They really should have, or otherwise activate it on your account. I'm afraid you might have no other option than to go back and get a new one... they really should give it to you for free since they made it basically unusable for you! 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, you dont need to change anything in your account to use the cut sim or phone. The system will at some point figure it out. If the sim in your phone is new and you have wifi download this in to your phone and run it. Youll see your sim number. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tiennt.android.simcardmgr
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi, you dont need to change anything in your account to use the cut sim or phone. The system wi...

Oh wow, that is great to know! I had no idea there was such an app, awesome news 😃
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi, you dont need to change anything in your account to use the cut sim or phone. The system wi...

I think someone's working on a toaster app as we speak
Chad Burr wrote:

Amazing! Thank you! I don't "need" to register the phone change to the account then? Does anyone know if this qualifies for the 10% off monthly for bringing in an unlocked phone?
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Your tab needs to not be in the negative to qualify for the 10% discount.