Koodo Community

Community

Solved

mind of its own...

anyone know why my s2x home screen wont rotate unless my phone feels like it?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
While the phone is on take the battery and SIM Card out for a minute or so then replace them & try it.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

While the phone is on take the battery and SIM Card out for a minute or so then replace them & tr...

while the phone is on??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

While the phone is on take the battery and SIM Card out for a minute or so then replace them & tr...

Yes while the phone is on take the back off and pop out the battery, it will then turn the screen off, Take the SIM Card out and wait a minute or so, then replace them both and try the phone again.

thanks but no luck:/
Userlevel 1

I had the same problem with my S2 once, what I did, I deactivated the screen rotation setting then turned off my phone, then turned my phone back on and then reactivated the rotation screen setting. Good luck.

tried but still no luck but thanks. Screen rotation works for all but the home screen still.
Userlevel 1

The screen doesn't rotate usually on the home screen.

i didnt think it did till it started doing ir for a couple hours yesterday then just stopped
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don you mean rotate from portrait to landscape or up and down to sideways? if that what you mean the stock home screen doesn't do that but if you applied a launcher from the play store some of them do rotate. Go into settings for the launcher and there will be a setting to turn it off and on.
Userlevel 7

Virtual star for Kid Android ^^^^^^^^^ *
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And a virtual thank you kind sir, chip chip cheerio
Userlevel 4
I've never had my homescreen rotate 😕