Koodo Community
Solved

Microsim.. iphone only ?

When i want to purchase a micro sim, it indicates micro sim for iphone ?? What about S3 ?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the...Wow, that's insane...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the...They already have. It's called the embedded-SIM (or SIM-on-a-chip) and it's 6 mm x 5 mm (a nano-SIM is 12.3 mm x 8.8 mm). It's 73.3% SMALLER than a nano-SIM: http://m2mworldnews.com/2012/07/18/47198-rapid-migration-to-embedded-sim-forecast-for-cellular-m2m/
I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the...I agree but the smaller they make them, the more room for the other components like an expandable memory slot, bigger battery, etc. Although the Nano-Sim is ridiculously small now, I don't think they could possibly top that.
Userlevel 1
I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the only sim we will ever need. 0.02
The Lumia 610 from Koodo also used a Micro-Sim
Userlevel 1
Thanks for flagging this David and Mo! Because of this post, we've decided to remove the words 'iPhone' from the description. A couple of phones use that sim card, so it only makes sense. Thanks for sharing this recommendation with us, every little bit counts 🙂
Userlevel 1
The Galaxy S3 uses microSIM. MicroSIM is MicroSIM, it doesn't depend on the phone. Go ahead and order it. The information there is out of date, and I guess at the time that description was published, the only phone Koodo had that used MicroSIM were the iPhones. I will flag it so they can update the details.
Userlevel 2
I think SIII uses regular simS3 use microSIM
I think SIII uses regular sim