Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Microsim.. iphone only ?

When i want to purchase a micro sim, it indicates micro sim for iphone ?? What about S3 ?

9 replies

I think SIII uses regular sim
Userlevel 2
Issa Barmawi wrote:

I think SIII uses regular sim

S3 use microSIM
Userlevel 1
The Galaxy S3 uses microSIM. MicroSIM is MicroSIM, it doesn't depend on the phone. Go ahead and order it. The information there is out of date, and I guess at the time that description was published, the only phone Koodo had that used MicroSIM were the iPhones. I will flag it so they can update the details.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for flagging this David and Mo! Because of this post, we've decided to remove the words 'iPhone' from the description. A couple of phones use that sim card, so it only makes sense. Thanks for sharing this recommendation with us, every little bit counts 🙂
The Lumia 610 from Koodo also used a Micro-Sim
Userlevel 1
I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the only sim we will ever need. 0.02
samsvoc wrote:

I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the...

I agree but the smaller they make them, the more room for the other components like an expandable memory slot, bigger battery, etc. Although the Nano-Sim is ridiculously small now, I don't think they could possibly top that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samsvoc wrote:

I'll love the day mobile manufacturers can agree on one simple standard. Micro SIM should be the...

They already have. It's called the embedded-SIM (or SIM-on-a-chip) and it's 6 mm x 5 mm (a nano-SIM is 12.3 mm x 8.8 mm). It's 73.3% SMALLER than a nano-SIM: http://m2mworldnews.com/2012/07/18/47198-rapid-migration-to-embedded-sim-forecast-for-cellular-m2m/
samsvoc wrote:

Wow, that's insane...