Koodo Community

Community

Solved

microphone disappeared off keyboard

i have a galaxy ace 2 .. there use to be a microphone on my keyboard and i could talk and it would listen then write my texts for me. that little microphone disappeared...was it an upgrade software change or something i did?

7 replies

Userlevel 1
If you're referring to "Voice search" apps., you can downlaod/install it using Google play
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

If you're referring to "Voice search" apps., you can downlaod/install it using Google play

Not what they're talking about mat, they want the voice to text on their keyboard
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try going into settings - language and input - and make sure Google voice typing is checked off /enabled.
Userlevel 7
Also, I'm not 100% sure if the service uses data at all, but I'm fairly certain that data needs to be enabled if you're running ICS (4.0) or lower for it to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Also, I'm not 100% sure if the service uses data at all, but I'm fairly certain that data needs t...

That's correct Johnathan
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Also, I'm not 100% sure if the service uses data at all, but I'm fairly certain that data needs t...

Yes! I'm not a Mobile Master for nothing lol I actually just tried it on my Nexus 4 and it worked without data being on but tested it on the Ace II X demo phone we have on the kiosk and it said data needed to be on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

So it's from 4.1 and above that they incorporated it into the OS it's self