Koodo Community

Community

Every time I turn on my phone, I receive a notification - "google talk authentication failed" - Please tell me how to ride of this annoying message. Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lydia, That really doesn't have anything to do with Koodo, but with the phone itself 🙂 But we'll try to troubleshoot you... What phone is it? Can you upgrade Google Talk to Hangouts on it or perhaps uninstall the app if you don't use it?
Userlevel 7
Go to Settings > Apps > select Google Talk. Clear data and cache, then disable it if you have no intention of using it.
Jonathan I wrote:

Go to Settings > Apps > select Google Talk. Clear data and cache, then disable it if you have no ...

I did clear the data and cache, but cannot find out where to disable.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Go to Settings > Apps > select Google Talk. Clear data and cache, then disable it if you have no ...

Settings--> Applications--> Manage--> "All" tab--> Locate either "Talk" or "Hangouts"--> "Disable" will be in the upper right corner, though you might first need to tap "Uninstall Updates"
Jonathan I wrote:

I do not have the disable in the upper right corner - there is nothing to select.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Disabling apps is possible only in Android 4.0 and later versions. Your phone might be running an older version. Can you sign in with a different Google account? That might be worth checking out.