Koodo Community
Solved

Mate 20 pro EMUI 10 update

• 25 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, s

Koodo and Telus scheduled this update on 22 January, but  I'veseen some people complain that they still didn't get it including myself. I tried to wipe cache and date of the software update app but didn't change much (except not seeing the last update's change log). So my question is do you know around what time could we expect a full rollout. Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 25 January 2020, 03:04

Koodo doesn't talk about updates until after they've happened unfortunately. Where did you see it was rolling out frin Telus and koodo and if it is it very likely a staggered rollout like many android manufacturers. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo doesn't talk about updates until after they've happened unfortunately. Where did you see it was rolling out frin Telus and koodo and if it is it very likely a staggered rollout like many android manufacturers. 

Oh really I didn't know. I've seen it on the update schedule page (for both of them).  I guess it's a waiting time then.

Badge +4

Oh really I didn't know. I've seen it on the update schedule page (for both of them).  I guess it's a waiting time then.

“All dates are approximate and subject to change. Please note posted dates reflect when the update is released but can take a few weeks to roll out to all devices”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“All dates are approximate and subject to change. Please note posted dates reflect when the update is released but can take a few weeks to roll out to all devices”.

I’m just curious how does that work? What make a carrier say that device A receives it this week but device B the other week when they have the same phone? 

Badge +4

I’m just curious how does that work? What make a carrier say that device A receives it this week but device B the other week when they have the same phone? 

Staggered rollouts are one reason. The carrier escapes liability by not making any promises as to when an update will reach a device.