Koodo Community
Solved

mass text individual reply

I need to send a mass text with individual reply. Im unsure if my samsung A8 already does this or is i need to change a setting....when i googled it said to go to advanced settings and change to "mass text individual reply" but this option is not there. I just dont want people to reply and it sends to everyone in the mass text. TIA.
icon

Best answer by Dennis 26 July 2019, 23:44

If your texting app does not have this setting, I recommend downloading the Textra messaging app. It is free with ads. You can use it to send the message and the uninstall the app afterwards if you choose
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Option probably disabled by carrier... nobody wants a potential $15 dollar a month account being a broadcast node for SMS spam out of the gate.

Look in the app store for Multi SMS sending apps. Probably OK to send a limited number of texts (say to members of a club or team), but abuse might well get you kicked off the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your texting app does not have this setting, I recommend downloading the Textra messaging app. It is free with ads. You can use it to send the message and the uninstall the app afterwards if you choose