Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Marshmallow update for the LG G3 - when would it be available OTA for Koodo customers?

Hello! I recently got a new LG G3 (LG D852) from Koodo. I am very happy with it, but with my previous experience with  LG, they do not update frequently at all. That is why I was happy to hear that the LG G3 is likely to get the newest Android update. 

My question is then about when would Koodo roll out the update OTA to its LG handsets?

Thank you!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
No idea. It's probably still in the testing phases. My guess would be Q1 2016 at this time but nobody can tell you until LG gives the code to Telus to roll it out.
Thanks for the response! Is it guaranteed to show up eventually, though?
Userlevel 7
Guarantee is a strong word. I don't work for Koodo. So it will more than likely show up at some point if LG has announced it. You'll just have to play the waiting game.
Userlevel 1
The real sad part about this is that Koodo is giving the shaft to its customers by not requesting the updates from LG.  We are stuck with 5.0.1 that has multiple known deficiencies and bugs that have been fixed in later releases of Android (5.1) but we are unable to get.   The only way to protect myself has been to turn off the multimedia function inside of SMS.  I am paying for a service that I should be getting, but due to the TERRIBLE service provided by Koodo and it's decision not to push (demand) that the updates get tested and passed down to them from LG, I am getting inferior service.

I am left only to conclude the Koodo doesn't want my business nor want any referrals from me.  They sold me hardware that is bootstrap locked so I have ZERO ability to change the andriod loaded on the device.  You can't blame LG for the fault of Koodo's inaction.
matt.mackinnon wrote:

The real sad part about this is that Koodo is giving the shaft to its customers by not requesting...

I don't think Koodo is to blame actually. If anything, it would be Telus or LG Canada. There is no variant in the world that has anything higher than 5.0.1 right now for an LG G3. As for Marshmallow, if it's anything like the past, Canada will be shafted.
matt.mackinnon wrote:

The real sad part about this is that Koodo is giving the shaft to its customers by not requesting...

I have a 2 month old Samsung S6 on rogers with 5.1.1 and a brand new LG G3 on Koodo with 5.0.1, yes I was disappointed with an older version
matt.mackinnon wrote:

The latest I've heard in Canada was between now and [b]March 14th at the latest. It is currently being downloaded in Europe for the LG G3.
Userlevel 1
matt.mackinnon wrote:

This stuped for love of god japan is hade of us So whay we have old networks whay is Europe gets the update wile in canada buggie fallure buggie Plsese help thank you
Userlevel 1
matt.mackinnon wrote:

I posted this is another thread, but here: http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566 It looks as though Telus (Koodo) is going to be a bit behind in getting the update. We're looking at probably getting it in April. However, the LG G4 went to $0 on a $360 tab today. If you want marshmallow badly enough, it might be worth taking the plunge on that upgrade.
matt.mackinnon wrote:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/marshmallow-update-for-the-lg-g3-when-would-it-be-ava...

Userlevel 7
matt.mackinnon wrote:

@Brian:

The best way to find out of software updates is by using this link.
matt.mackinnon wrote:

I'm downloading Marshmallow as I write this. It didn't come down on OTA but I have to use the LG Mobile Support Tool - it's 1.2 GB.

matt.mackinnon wrote:

Please ,keep us posted how LG G3 D852 is working with Marshmallow and if you are experiencing any problems.After problems Sony got with Marshmallow I really want to know if there are any serious bugs onLG G3.Thanks
matt.mackinnon wrote:

So far so good. I haven't do a RESET yet. My concern is battery life. I will try for a few day before i decided if a hard RESET is required or not.
matt.mackinnon wrote:

Battery life can be shorter for few days and it is normal after upgrade unless you do factory reset.If you do factory reset battery calibration and system optimization will start from scratch.