Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Marshmallow update for Note 4

Has anyone received Android 6.0 on their Samsung Note 4? I know some Note 4's have already received this update...

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Telus has their update set for May 23rd. Im sure Koodo will follow. Heres the telus schedule. http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566
Userlevel 5
Chadwick wrote:

Telus has their update set for May 23rd. Im sure Koodo will follow. Heres the telus schedule. ...

Hey Chadwick 🙂

You can also share this link: http://koo.do/1RYxlpl for the upcoming software updates.

Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Telus has their update set for May 23rd. Im sure Koodo will follow. Heres the telus schedule. ...

Thank Tayeb. I lost that link i think i had it saved before! Putting it into my notes now 🙂 Thanks
Thanks Chadwick!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Filip Pietruszewski wrote:

Thanks Chadwick!

Not a problem Filip! Enjoy the update coming soon 🙂

Thanks Chadwick!

would samsung Note 2 download and install the latest Marshmellow
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Chadwick!

No Burt most likely not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Chadwick!

The Galaxy Note 2 stopped getting updates with Kitkat. If you want anything newer you will have to root and install CM.
I am using the AT&T version of the Note 4 on the Koodo network. Will I be getting the Marshmallow update too?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Yen wrote:

I am using the AT&T version of the Note 4 on the Koodo network. Will I be getting the Marshmallo...

I'm assuming when AT&T sends out the update you will get them too but not the same date as Koodo. There's a program that Samsung makes I think u can use to update called SmartSwitch. Try that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Yen wrote:

I am using the AT&T version of the Note 4 on the Koodo network. Will I be getting the Marshmallo...

Nope. You require an active at&t Sim. What I'm not sur about is if smart switch will work as well. I read that Samsung Experience Centres can do it for free so I would like to think smart switch would work but I'm not sure if they use a higher level of program at the experience centres/stores when they do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Yen wrote:

Rikkster said it will work Goran. No worries
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Yen wrote:

Did he? That would be a surprise. It's AT&T's thing to require an active SIM to update OTA. Upon further reading you can absolutely do it via something like Smart Switch or Odin (root not required for update).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Yen wrote:

He didn't say that it would update AT&T but he said u can update via smart switch. If u can do a local phone. I'd put money that it will work for AT&T