Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Marshmallow update

The new android 6.0 marshmallow update comes out in a week. Motorola said that they'd be releasing the update for the Moto X Play by the end of the year. I wanted to know how long it would take for koodo to push this update to the Moto X Play. Hopefully sooner than later.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Motorola updates are usually pretty timely so Koodo shouldn't have too many issues with pushing it out.
Hey, what about the nexus 5, how long do you think it would take for it to get the update?

Userlevel 3
Michael Cummings wrote:

Hey, what about the nexus 5, how long do you think it would take for it to get the update?

All nexus phones are updated first,no carrier (at least in Canada) has any of their fingerprints on the nexus.
Userlevel 3
Michael Cummings wrote:

I got the update last night on my nexus 5
Michael Cummings wrote:

Dang
Michael Cummings wrote:

Will you be pushing the update to blu phones? Mine is a blu studio c super camera running 5.0. blu NEVER seems to get updates.
Userlevel 5
Michael Cummings wrote:

Koodo won't since they do not sell Blu.
This article mentions Q2 2016;
http://www.marshmallowupdate.net/blu-marshmallow-update-release-date/

Michael Cummings wrote:

Thanks, that's a great resource. Not holding my breath for marshmallow then!
Michael Cummings wrote:

My Moto phone got an update for Android days after I bought it, and a few others since, so I believe it will be sooner since Moto needs that push to promote
Userlevel 5
Michael Cummings wrote:

Which motto model do u have?
Very fast, most likely the first koodo device to get the update. Nexus' always get updates blazing fast.
Userlevel 5
No body beats Motorola, for updates.
5s wrote:

Except Nexus, lol.
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

Your right! I still have my nexus s my first real cell phone after giving up my flip phone
Nexus is a Google phone, Google pushes those updates so fast, carriers are expected to get it done quick.  I hope they get the X Play done quick, it's a killer phone and 6.0 addresses its weakest flaw, SD storage for games.
But we have to reformat our SD cards to use the new storage feature, that is a big WTF!
Userlevel 5
How would you do that empty it onto a computer first, then put it back and reformat on the phone or just buy a new SD card and format?
5s wrote:

How would you do that empty it onto a computer first, then put it back and reformat on the phone ...

You can save personal data on your PC, but all apps and app data will have to be reloaded.

5s wrote:

How would you do that empty it onto a computer first, then put it back and reformat on the phone ...

Really wish they would get this done, my phone needs to be wiped anyways, would prefer to not have to do it again later if waiting for the release....

5s wrote:

YOU'RE LITERALLY KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woke up to an early Christmas from koodo on my moto x play

John Ssekiwu wrote:

Woke up to an early Christmas from koodo on my moto x play[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront....

How'd you get Adblock into an unrooted device?
Userlevel 5
Congrats 🙂