Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Marshmallow 6.0 update for HTC One M8

Userlevel 3
I read today (yesterday now) that Telus is updating the M8 to 6.0 Marshmallow today! Do that mean Koodo gets the update also,for it's M8's?

127 replies

Userlevel 7
This? http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/30/tel... I believe it will roll out in batches. You may have to wait a little bit longer.
Userlevel 3
Yep! That is the article I read Jonathan! Hope it's not too long.
So,when Telus updates,that does in fact mean Koodo also gets them? That's what I was more curious about,wasn't sure that Telus updates resulted in Kood also getting them,while pretty much being the same company!
Userlevel 2
Did anyone get a Android M update on their HTC One M8 today. I read the same article and also posted it on Google plus.
Userlevel 3
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Did anyone get a Android M update on their HTC One M8 today. I read the same article and also pos...

I didn't get it 😞
Userlevel 3
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Did anyone get a Android M update on their HTC One M8 today. I read the same article and also pos...

Although I'm suddenly getting (just now) update after update for HTC apps and services and some of them say that they are support for 6.0 This probably means nothing but you never know! lol
Userlevel 7
Brian Gallagher wrote:

The HTC A9, released about a month or so ago, shipped with 6.0 on board, so that is the primary phone they needed to update the apps for. They're still working on their older models.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 3
So is it an actual Telus update schedule? If so,why even put it up if it isn't correct?
Userlevel 1
Even I have been waiting for the Android 6.0 marshmallow update cuz of this article since past 2 weeks. But still, no update. HTC has rolled out the Marshmallow update for the M8 on Dec 2nd in North American regions. dunno when we will get it. It is one of the first devices to get the update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
NEWS UPDATE : http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/12/18/moto-x-2014-and-htc-one-m8-receiving-android-6-0-marshmallow-updat...

The holidays often bring joy to people in many different ways, but in the form of phone updates is not chief among them

Telus has plans to change that this year by launching a number of important software updates over the course of the next week or so, starting today with the HTC One M8 and Moto X 2014.

Userlevel 1
Thanks for the info Robert!! lets just hope Koodo also launches the update and gives its M8 subscribers some holiday cheer!!!
Userlevel 2
Maybe leave milk and cookies by the phone at night. Lol
Userlevel 3
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Good One! 🙂 lol 
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Three updates this morning, no Android M.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Merry Xmas. Milk and gluten didn't work,no update. Now 6 days past promised delivery. Maybe next week.
Userlevel 1
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Hey, which kind of updates did you recieve?
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Android Webview updatesl
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Let me know if any of you receive it on your m8 and m9's because like I said HTC themselves said carriers won't get it until the new year so I'll be extremely surprised if mobilesyrup is right about it getting it today, I think just Motorola will be getting it starting today
Userlevel 2
I keep checking my m8 after reading that article... Hopefully it will update soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anybody here end up getting the update yet or are mobile syrup incorrect like I believe they are?
Userlevel 3
Never got it here!
Userlevel 1
okay so i just spoke to the technical team of koodo and the representative on the phone is like update is released by "android" and we dont know when we will get it! He started telling me about the Nexus devices and how they get the updates first. I explained him about how the updates worked and that the schedule is there on the Telus forum. So he said we can just go and download the update off the Telus website. And when I gave him the link to the telus forum page, he said it's subject to change and we cannot do anything about it. Telus and koodo do not know when update will come. So all in all, a horrible customer experience with idiotic and ill-informed representatives and as for the update, I think it will come after new year.
Still waiting on an update on my Koodo M8. Getting tired of waiting!
Userlevel 2
Would really like my phone to update before I have to fly back to Alberta....
Userlevel 1
Has anyone gotten the update yet?