Koodo Community

Community

Question

Making the jump from Bell to Koodo - Concerned about process

Hi there, I'm looking to make the jump from Bell to Koodo. My understanding is that if I "unlock" my phone from Bell I can still use my same cell phone number. I currently use a Samsung 5 neo but I just recently bought an iPhone 6s second hand it's unlocked. The sim card I have with Bell doesn't fit in the iPhone 6s, so in order to use it I would have to buy a new sim card anyway... So my question is - is this all doable? To get to use my iPhone 6s with a new carrier, Koodo, with a new sim card AND still have my originaly phone number?

11 replies

Userlevel 1
YES absolutely! You need a new SIM card and after you port your bell number over to Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it is! Go to a koodo store or retailer to initiate a port a you don't even have to call Bell. You'll be all set up and good to go. Be sure to get referred by someone you know with Koodo so the both of you get a credit. I think it's 25 dollars each atm. You'll just register with the email you provide to be referred. https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Yes it is! Go to a koodo store or retailer to initiate a port a you don't even have to call Bell....

It's 50$ 🙂
Userlevel 1
Another provider that is owned by your current provider has 2 GB bonus data right now if you want a new plan. Why pay the same price for 2 GB less data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Know-Who wrote:

Another provider that is owned by your current provider has 2 GB bonus data right now if you want...

Did someone prohibit you say "virgin mobile" out loud or you are afraid you will be labeled as an "inconvenient telemarketer" for VM?
Userlevel 1
You-Know-Who wrote:

Another provider that is owned by your current provider has 2 GB bonus data right now if you want...

According to somebody, other providers' names aren't supposed to be mentioned here.

I put as little information to avoid getting my posts deleted. Otherwise I'd have also mentioned VoLTE, VoWi-Fi, and #1 customer service. Too late now. Koodo is only good for one thing: loopholes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Know-Who wrote:

@You-know-who: I mentioned names all the time. I didn't see my posts deleted.

You are a strange customer, choosing one carrier for your own and praising another with all the wisdom.
Userlevel 4
You-Know-Who wrote:

I saw that to virgin has a deal $49 8gbs Quebec I sent a message to Koodo to see if they would match it no dice lol note it's only for 24 months and goes back to $49 6gbs
Userlevel 6
You-Know-Who wrote:

Virgin Mobile's offer is indeed hot on the QC market for the time being. Heck, I'd take the bonus 2GB data for 24 months because you never know where life will take you in 2 yrs time. You can't always expect to grandfather in to something good. You'll likely discuss a phone upgrade or a carrier switch within those 24 months anyway, and if you don't, then Koodo's likely the best carrier for you.
Userlevel 6
You-Know-Who wrote:

Btw,@you-know-who Koodo has matched that bonus data offer, just visit a Koodo corporate store.
Userlevel 6
You-Know-Who wrote:

@Erwin: can't any dealer store apply the offer on a new activation or upgrade as well? If not, a phone call to customer service and whispering Virgin Mobile should hopefully trigger a conversation about personalized offers 😛