Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Makes no sense.

Okay I don't understand this. We have only used 49.09 MB out of 100.00 MB and Koodo is charging us $5 for zero MB of data useage. This makes no sense. .

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Are you looking at your bill or did you get some kind of text notification from them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you please post a screenshot of your bill, without any personal information? Just the part where the charges are broken down.
How do I post a screen shot on her. It is saved to my computer. 
Userlevel 3
You may want to edit or remove this image as it includes your phone number and tabs of websites you are visiting ...
Userlevel 4
It's the way the billing occurs. Sometimes it's a little delayed, but not always affiliated with the day the useage occurred. Same happened when I used texting in the States. Because you used data on the 11th and 12th, this was "billed" on a day you happened to use 0mb. Doesn't really affect anything as you weren't overbilled... The system just billed you on a different day.
Userlevel 4
Oh wait..I should ask.. Do you have data on your plan? I was under the impression that you used an overage, but perhaps you meant that you have an allotted 100mb on your plan?
mursejordan wrote:

Oh wait..I should ask.. Do you have data on your plan? I was under the impression that you used a...

here is 100 MB allowed on the plan.  Overage would be above that. So that is why I am confused. 
Userlevel 4
mursejordan wrote:

Oh wait..I should ask.. Do you have data on your plan? I was under the impression that you used a...

Hmm... I wonder if you accidentally picked up roaming charges.. Do you live near the border? In order to prevent this again, what kind of phone do you have? Also, to reverse the charges, call Koodo from your cell at *611 🙂 they're very accommodating and can def help you out from there. But we also need to stop your phone from automatically roaming.
mursejordan wrote:

Yes I am on Vancouver Island and Seattle is a short boat ride from here.  Thing is if I have only used half my allowed amount why is it charging me. 

Userlevel 4
mursejordan wrote:

It's not charging you for domestic data... it's charging you for roaming data (you can see it under the "US charges". This can be disabled in the phone but in order to do that, what kind of phone do you have? Also, to fix the charging, call Koodo and let them know that you never left Canada, but you were close to the border and your phone accidentally picked up a US signal (as it was likely stronger). You'll need to deactivate automatic data roaming from your phone so it doesn't happen again though