Koodo Community

Community

Make an Android Widget for the Koodo Self Serve App

Userlevel 1
Hey Koodo, Loving the new App. I'd like to suggest a next step: Include Widget Capability so that Android users can take a look at their Usage at a glance on their desktop! Please and Thank You!

56 replies

Userlevel 6
They're aware of a few shortcomings of the App. Priority was to finally get it out & now that it is they'll update it in time. Won't be immediate though as there's 3 platforms to support and not sure how big their department is for developing such things.
John Burke wrote:

They're aware of a few shortcomings of the App. Priority was to finally get it out & now that it...

Is it available on Windows Phone? If so, they have "widgets" too. It's just displaying information on the application's tile icon. iOS does not have widgets other than the notification bar.
John Burke wrote:

They're aware of a few shortcomings of the App. Priority was to finally get it out & now that it...

Given their only being one WP7 device on Koodo's line-up, I don't think an app is available at the moment. But if Koodo decides to grow their WP7 line-up, I could easily see it coming.
Userlevel 5
While I haven't tried it yet (I use iPhone), it appears identical to the Telus one, which is pretty bare bones I agree. I'm sure widgets would be nice, just not sure if it's something they'd be able to do since things like data aren't "live" updated.
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

While I haven't tried it yet (I use iPhone), it appears identical to the Telus one, which is pret...

Jorden As of October 9 - the self serve app for iphones came out
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

While I haven't tried it yet (I use iPhone), it appears identical to the Telus one, which is pret...

Yup I already have it 🙂 Thanks for checking/mentioning it though!
I have the new app as well and so far I think its great. a widget would be cool but I have the 3G watchdog app which includes widgets and an on/off switch for data right on my home screen. its very accurate with my usage so i'm fine with it so far. I'm not sure if iphone has anysort of app for that 3g monitoring but I do understand everyone's thoughts of having the perfect app for koodo 🙂
Userlevel 1
neonfreak52 wrote:

I have the new app as well and so far I think its great. a widget would be cool but I have the 3...

This 3G watchdog app.... Tell me more, please..
Userlevel 6
neonfreak52 wrote:

I have the new app as well and so far I think its great. a widget would be cool but I have the 3...

It's an App available through the Google Play Store that monitors your 3G Data usage.
neonfreak52 wrote:

3G Watchdog was a recommended choice at my TLC (TELUS Learning Centre). It will track your mobile broadband usage, and optionally Wi-Fi too. It does NOT record your Internet information, other than how much is used.
neonfreak52 wrote:

On the S3 (Android 4.x) you can set a data cap and a warning level...Settings-->Data Usage...tick the "Set Mobile Data Limit" box.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
neonfreak52 wrote:

That's on any and all Android phones running android 4.0 and above not just the Galaxy S3
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adding my voice: please include Prepaid accounts in the app... we feel so unloved... thanks!! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Guys, the widget idea is a good one. We'll definitely look into how we could make it happen.
Bernard wrote:

Guys, the widget idea is a good one. We'll definitely look into how we could make it happen.

I made the 3rd party app with a nice widget (KooDroid). Hire me as a contractor?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

I know Mike. I'm well aware of your abilities.:-) Things are a little more complicated than that. You'd have to "touch" our app to make the widget happen, I think, and given security and privacy commitments we have for our customers, that requires more than simply telling you 'go ahead Mike'.
Is it released? I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 6 and I cannot find it on the app store. What do I search?
Userlevel 2
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

Is it released? I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 6 and I cannot find it on the app store. What do ...

Hey Kristofer, the app for Iphone is still being worked on. It'll be released sometime in October. Thanks for your patience 🙂.
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

Is it released? I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 6 and I cannot find it on the app store. What do ...

Uggg. First its late August, then late Sept, now early October? ... Tired of waiting.... 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

I feel your pain Kristofer! The app is sitting with Apple. They have to sign off before it can be released. I have to think we were not priority on their approval process prior to their iphone5 release.
NZKiller_Kris11 wrote:

We submitted the iOS app a few weeks ago and are waiting for Apple to approve it. Unfortunately, the first release is not iOS 6 compatible. An update for iOS 6 has been completed, but it too is sitting in the approval queue. Hang in there and thanks for being patient 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hey y'all.... Any news with this? Planned? Unplanned? In the Works?
Userlevel 5
Mo D. wrote:

Well they launched the Application on iOs, Android and Blackberrys. So I am assuming that the Widget is on the drawing board but still a while till it comes.
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

I am assuming the same... But it'd be nice to officially (or even semi-officially) know if this were something to look forward to. We shouldn't need to have to get 3rd party apps to supplement an official app. An official app that needs no supporting cast would be awesome
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mo D. wrote:

We are definitely looking at this Mo. What I'm being told that the widget would still require tapping into the back end systems for accuracy and alignment of what our app and the widget would display. It's on the roadmap but it will take a some time to make it happen, meaning that it will definitely be not this year. 😞