Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Major interruption on pre-paid phone!!!

How could I "choose happy" when my pre-paid phone service has been interrupted two times (Aug 18, Jan 😎 so far for more than one week...? Is it unreasonable to wait 5 business days for technical support to contact me with an answer...? not a single call!!! ...I hope Koodo listens... ticket number 6192158.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Carlos,

When were you informed that you were going to be getting a call? 

Also, can you describe a little more about the issue? Is your phone currently listed as active? Do you see network bars? Do you get any error messages? We would be happy to assist you here if we are able to!
Thanks Mathieu, phone is listed active, I see all 5 bars of network connection, I get Koodo's message "we can not complete you call, please dial *611" when making a call, there is no data connection either, I spent 1+ hours over the phone with 1st and 2nd level of support last Saturday January 9th.

I'm a reasonable Client looking for an update to my issue after waiting an acceptable period of time (8 days since Jan 8th). As I said, two major phone interruptions in less than 6 months is a bit much for anyone to accept in our era, would you agree...? I will continue to wait with your help to the 3rd level of technical support (developers)...ticket number 6192158, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Carlos Isaac Perez Chavez wrote:

Thanks Mathieu, phone is listed active, I see all 5 bars of network connection, I get Koodo's mes...

Hi Carlos,

I  don't have any access to any support tickets or anything for that matter. I'm just a customer like you trying my best to help you out. As for your issue, I'm sure tech support already did this, but I would recommend you review the APN settings of your phone once again. You can use this link to get the settings. Once you re-configure the APN settings, shut down your phone, remove the battery (if possible) as well as the SIM card. Let the phone sit for a few minutes, and try again.

Now, as for your account what base plan are you currently subscribed to?

Thanks Mathieu, phone is listed active, I see all 5 bars of network connection, I get Koodo's mes...

Yes Mathieu, I tried all of the above...reset many times and followed Tech support instruction as suggested. I'm on pre-paid and my ticket was opened with this information and more. I remain hopeful that this issue will get resolved next week at the latest, I can not accept 15 days of interrupted service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What did they say about interruption when you talked to them?  Was it service outage in your area or was it your phone?

Did *611 worked during interruption?  It's a bit odd if you don't get any service more than one week.  And I would be frustrated too.
Did you try power cycle(turning a power off and on) and/or take a sim card out and back in when your network connection was interrupted?
Hi Mayumi, nobody seems to know the answer, only the developers. This seems to be a very complex situation when the phone was originally transferred from another carrier back in August. The issue had to be transferred to Telus technical support who did something on their database to fix the broken pieces. No outage in my area, *611 works, I tried power off and on many times already, took the SIM card out, etc. Again, there is a missing link on the background all triggered when my plan could not renew despite the automatic top-up I programmed already multiple times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Mayumi, nobody seems to know the answer, only the developers. This seems to be a very complex ...

I would call technical support again.( *611 and option 6)
I know you already talked to them, but waiting for their answer more than 5 days is unreasonable. 
You need to tell them you called in before(ticket number) and you should mention about your doubt(transfer process from another carrier).

It could be their system or it could be your phone...
I hope you can get answer and your issue resolve very soon.
Userlevel 7
Where did you get your phone? Is this a Koodo phone? Check your device imei here and make sure it's not been reported lost or stolen. http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/