Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LYING TO SELL A SMARTPHONE

I bought a phone at koodo on the condition that i will be able to use it in my home country (Germany). All (!) the employers at the store promised me that there will be no problem. I spent some month in Canada so I really needed a phone. Back here it is, against all the promisses, not working. even though, the phone itself is good, I cannot recommend Kodoo when the service is based on lying to the customer just to sell a phone.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Did you get your phone unlocked?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 6
The phone you bought works in Germany just fine. You do have to have unlocked, just like you would have to have a phone bough in Germany. So, no one lied to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to confirm what's already been said: I used my Koodo Note 2, Moto G, S4 and S5 (as well as a few other phones, forgot which now) in Germany without any problems. You haven't said yet what phone you have but I can almost guarantee yours will work too... but yes it would have to be unlocked which would be between $3 and $20, based on the model.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are still on Koodo, you will have to get them to unblock international roaming add-on or you won't be able to connect to ANY European network using their service. There is no charge for enabling international roaming, but unlock fee is probably $35 if done by Koodo, less from other suppliers.