Koodo Community

Community

loyalty program

I think that koodo should give discounts, when asked for, for loyal customers who have been with koodo for 3 plus years. And not just up to 2.....unlimited. Other phone companies have them, why not koodo. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Could you name some of the things other phone companies do for loyal customers? Just so we can have a better idea because your idea is very broad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you're saying that people who call in and complain should be rewarded with discounts, while those who just loyally pay their bills every month should not?
Userlevel 5
Koodo does have two forms of a reward for being with them long term. Once you pay off your tab you start accumulating a positive tab for a bigger phone discount, or you can have 10% off your bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

Koodo does have two forms of a reward for being with them long term. Once you pay off your tab y...

That's hardly a reward. People who are unsubsidized deserve a much bigger discount (at least 25%). And it still isn't a reward. You're not costing the company anything in terms of devices.
Userlevel 6
Jorden wrote:

Koodo does have two forms of a reward for being with them long term. Once you pay off your tab y...

I agree! Carriers shouldn't see prepaid users as "people who can leave at anytime" but rather as "hey, these folks pay us money with absolutely no financial risk on us". We're pretty much self-serving money making machines for them.
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

While I think it should at least match the tab contribution, chances are if you have been with them long enough to be considered loyal you've got a better grandfathered plan. Getting a discount on a decent older plan isn't a bad deal at all imo. The big thing though is the positive tab. Most people who want a loyalty deal either want a cheaper phone (positive tab takes care of this) or some kind of free add on (monthly discount works when there's really nothing to add to the plan). Koodo basically offers these to everyone. Not saying they couldn't be better (No cap on positive tab, at least 15% discount), but there are rewards to being with Koodo long term, and the TC doesn't seem to be aware of them.
Userlevel 6
One of the reasons I'm staying with Koodo is especially because they're not screwing certain customers any more than they are others. Everybody has access to the same plans (regional-nonsense notwithstanding). This is a perk to me, to know that while I don't get special treatment, others do not either.
Userlevel 1
Actually, I think they do. Sometimes I get a text inviting me to buy a new phone at a discount price.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don wrote:

Actually, I think they do. Sometimes I get a text inviting me to buy a new phone at a discount pr...

Generally those offers are less because you're a loyal customer and more because they want you to update a CDMA phone.
Userlevel 1
Don wrote:

Actually, I think they do. Sometimes I get a text inviting me to buy a new phone at a discount pr...

I was on a Galaxy S2 and they offered me a deal on an Iphone 4S at an interesting price if my memory serves me correctly.
Userlevel 6
Wow! Don! Welcome back! We haven't seen you in such a long time!
Userlevel 1
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Hahaha, yeah, well I was gone abroad for a couple months and with my job, kind of monopolized all my time. I'm touched you remember me ! Thank you for your kind words.
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

We sure remember you! You were a regular poster around here and had many a great discussions! Je suis impatient de reprendre les conversations avec vous! :oP (J'étais TopperCNC avant)