Koodo Community

Community

Loving my SIII, love Koodo, but not happy with data overages!

Userlevel 3
After my hunny went out and got his early Christmas.gift, the Samsung Galaxy SIII, when it came out Friday, I was jealous and had to go out and get my own yesterday! 🙂 LOVE the phone, it's amazing! I also loved the service we received at the kiosk, and we have always received amazing service from Koodo. I must say though, I am incredibly disappointed the within an hour of getting the phone, I received a text stating I went over my data for the month. Setting the phone up and having it sync and set up everything used 250.45MB in an hour. If I had of known this, I would have connected to wifi at home, but the gentleman at the kiosk pretty much set up everything for me while I was there at the mall. So although the service was great, thanks to him setting everything up for me, I am half way through the billing period and am going to pay out the wazoo for data when I already paid a small fortune for the phone... Not fair. 😞 Just a warning to anyone looking to upgrade. Get the SIII though! It really is a killer phone all!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Glad you're enjoying your new S3! There has to be another reason for the excessive data usage. Setting up your phone and syncing whatever you need to should not even take 1/4 of 250MB.
Ahmad wrote:

Glad you're enjoying your new S3! There has to be another reason for the excessive data usage. Se...

Updating everything in google play can eat up data fairly quick
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Glad you're enjoying your new S3! There has to be another reason for the excessive data usage. Se...

Not 250MB. 250MB is more than a full-length movie. That's a lot of data.
Ahmad wrote:

250MB is a full length movie? What kind of low res crap are you downloading? In all seriousness though, your right, updating alone wouldn't take up 250mb. But factor in downloading new apps, updating original ones, and initial sync, and it doesn't take long.
Userlevel 3
Well I'm telling you it happened. Barely used the phone at all yesterday when I got it due to other commitments and it used 250.45mb in on day. I did nothing else but set up the phone.
Kailie wrote:

Well I'm telling you it happened. Barely used the phone at all yesterday when I got it due to oth...

Hey are you checking the data usage via the phone or via the koodo service?
Userlevel 7
Kailie wrote:

Well I'm telling you it happened. Barely used the phone at all yesterday when I got it due to oth...

I'm not saying it didn't happen. Clearly it did. But I'm saying the probability of it being from the rep setting up your phone is highly unlikely. What did the rep do on the phone? Specifically. Tech support can also tell you what you used your data on.
Userlevel 3
I have not downloaded any new apps as of yet.
Userlevel 3
I checked on the Koodo self serve website. That amount of data was all used yesterday.
Kailie wrote:

I checked on the Koodo self serve website. That amount of data was all used yesterday.

K, on your phone go to settings, then data usage. Scroll down and it will tell you exactly what is sucking all your data. You can also set limits in there to give you warnings and actually shut your data off when it hits a certain point
Kailie wrote:

Here's a video link for the process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx_kPBqoQSQ
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For future reference, always set up your phone over WiFi first. That way, no matter how many apps get downloaded automatically, you won't use any data. Afterward, disable auto-updates and just update manually every time you're on WiFi.
Userlevel 3
Thanks SO MUCH Koodo! Called *611 regarding my problem and not only was my issue resolved but the gentleman signed me up for a promo plan, double everything for $5 less a month than I was paying! LOVE KOODO! ❤ A happy, loyal customer!