Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lost/Stolen Phone

Userlevel 1
If a phone is lost or stolen, what does one do to cancel online? Do we need a pin number to cancel, if so, is this the same pin we got we signing up with Koodo? thanks

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Just log into your self serve account, there's a link there to report it stolen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also you can call 1-866-995-6636 from any phone to temporarily suspend or restore a lost or stolen phone.(No charge) You don't need to cancel your account. Then you can use your available Tab to purchase a new phone
My phone is originally from Koodo then I switched carrier couple months ago now my phone is stolen can I still call koodo and tell them to add it the blacklist?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joel Bhai wrote:

My phone is originally from Koodo then I switched carrier couple months ago now my phone is stole...

If Koodo still have your account information (90 days after you canceled your service), I think it is possible to add your phone on the blacklist. But I believe your current phone carrier should be able to do it.
Userlevel 2
Joel Bhai wrote:

My phone is originally from Koodo then I switched carrier couple months ago now my phone is stole...

If you no longer have an active account with Koodo, you cannot have them mark the phone as lost/stolen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joel Bhai wrote:

Oh, you need an active account. I didn't know. Thank you, Myke 🙂
Joel Bhai wrote:

Thanks Myke
Userlevel 2
Joel Bhai wrote:

You're welcome 🙂.
Joel Bhai wrote:

I bought this phone from a lady and its been reported as lost/stolen. When I told her to call 1-866-995-6636 to get it restored as not lost/stolen she said she did and they told her it would take 3-5days. Is this true? Or have I been ripped off?
Joel Bhai wrote:

please help
Userlevel 7
Joel Bhai wrote:

It's likely you've been taken advantage of. But you never know.
Userlevel 5
Joel Bhai wrote:

From my personal experience with restoring lost/stolen phones. It's been instant.
Userlevel 7
Joel Bhai wrote:

Since you have her contact info, call the police non emergency and tell them you've been sold a stolen phone and have the sellers phone number.