Koodo Community
Solved

Lost cell

I need to cancel my prepaid plan my cell was stolen.
icon

Best answer by Mats 23 January 2019, 18:01

Dkenney wrote:

Follow the instructions in the link below to suspend service.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/lost-or-stolen-prepaid-phone

View original

7 replies

Badge +4
Dkenney wrote:

Follow the instructions in the link below to suspend service.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/lost-or-stolen-prepaid-phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And to cancel your prepaid service, turn off auto payments and simply do not pay any more to your account. After 90 days of non payment it will automatically close.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you wish to keep your number you'll need to get a new sim card and you can swap on self-serve to get rolling again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Right, unless you really want to cancel your plan and number, I would suggest you just register a new SIM card. You can buy them in select store ($20), or see if you can order a cheaper one on eBay (make sure it mentions "prepaid" sim!)

You can also buy a new prepaid phone and register the SIM that comes with it with your current plan..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Right, unless you really want to cancel your plan and number, I would suggest you just register a new SIM card. You can buy them in select store ($20), or see if you can order a cheaper one on eBay (make sure it mentions "prepaid" sim!)

Isn't there a 20 dollar credit still on them anyways?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Sophia wrote:

Isn't there a 20 dollar credit still on them anyways?

That's only a one time fee on new plans unfortunately 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

That's only a one time fee on new plans unfortunately :)

And now they spread it out, $5/month for 4 months actually so you have to wait a bit to get your money back.