Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Looking to buy an iPhone,

Does your phone plan change when you buy an iPhone or does it stay the same? I have heard that you have to pay more a month (like you have to pay $80/month) if you get an iPhone with companies like Rogers, but does Koodo do the same thing? I currently have a Samsung and would really like to upgrade.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, you're free to choose whatever plan you like if you're on tab M or S. If you go with tab L then you need to choose tab L plans!
Userlevel 4
Depending on the model of IPhone you get and how much you want to pay upfront , will determine what kind of plan you can go on(Or stay on). If you're going with an iphone 5, 5s or 6 and you're looking to pay as little as possible you'll need a "Tab Large" which is $500 towards the purchase of your phone(So you'd be responsible for paying the rest of the balance upfront).This also means you're required to go on a "Tab Large Plan" which range between $70.00 - $95.00 per month(Plus then theres an extra $10.00 tab charge to help pay off your device balance). Now, if you want to pay more upfront, you can go on a more affordable plan. If you want an iPhone 5C, you can get that device on a "Tab Medium" ($300.00 towards the purchase of a phone) and you'd be paying $125.00 upfront, but with that you can choose ANY Koodo plan(As long as its $35.00 or higher). There is also an extra $5.00 tab charge with Tab Medium. If you go on a "Tab Small" ($150.00 towards the purchase of a phone), you can choose any plan with no extra charges, OR, Alternatively you can choose to stay on your current plan. That being said, you'd be paying quite a bit more upfront. Hope this helps!
Matthew wrote:

Depending on the model of IPhone you get and how much you want to pay upfront , will determine wh...

So since Im paying $40 a month, and say I were to get the iPhone 4s, my plan wouldn't change at all?
Userlevel 4
Matthew wrote:

Depending on the model of IPhone you get and how much you want to pay upfront , will determine wh...

The only thing that would change would be an extra $5.00 / month tab charge because the 4s is on Tab Medium. 🙂