Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Looking for stock ROM osprey_retca.retca.en.ca

Hi there, I'm looking for the stock rom osprey_retca.retca.en.ca for my Koodo Moto G 3rd edition, to bring it back to stock so I can get an OTA update to Marshmallow. Can anone point me in the right direction?

I'm just learning about flashing etc as I go. The issue is that Team Win Recovery Project keeps rebooting to its home screen... i.e. I can't run Android.

6 replies

Still looking - anyone? Basically I just want to flash a stock ROM.
Userlevel 7
Typically stock rom isn't readily found as you might have noticed. The recommendation before you flash any customer ROM is always to do a backup of the current ROM before you flash a custom one so you can go back.
So if I go hunting is there any potential to find it? What happened is that I rooted and installed BusyBox and Team Win Recovery Project, etc. The phone works perfectly now on 5.1.1 but I want to upgrade to Marshmallow with the OTA being pushed now. The problem is that TWRP intercepts it. As you can tell I'm no expert in this, so any tips would be appreciated, I suppose an alternative would be to flash another rom - well it would at least be a learning experience!
Well, I'm way beyond this now with a great flash of cyanogenmod. I see they have stock roms available for download as well, but having discovered the world of custom roms I'm having a lot of fun. Everything works perfectly.

Badge +4
John van Gurp wrote:

Well, I'm way beyond this now with a great flash of cyanogenmod. I see they have stock roms&...

Hi John, I managed to find software, (TELUS-branded, Android version 5.1.1), for your device. It appears on page four, third from the bottom of the list. Download speeds are ridiculously slow on this site unless you're a premium member. http://www.filefactory.com/folder/c6cdedc45a775d27/?sort=filename&order=ASC&show=25&page=4
John van Gurp wrote:

Well, I'm way beyond this now with a great flash of cyanogenmod. I see they have stock roms&...

Thanks Rikkster! I might flash the stock and see how Marshmallow looks. Cheers - JvG