Koodo Community

Looking for a Samsung J7 pro at a Koodo retailer. - Preferably closer to Lanaudière, QC (Joliette and beyond)

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Prime and it's outdated, it won't hold battery life and there's barely any device storage because of the default applications, I haven't been able to update anything since October 2017 because of "insufficient space" even though I bought a $40 SD card and it didn't change anything. -- Long story short; I'm looking for a long-lasting phone not something to change every year and have fallen interested in the Samsung J7 Pro but couldn't find it on my Koodo store search. I'm not really interested in buying it online off another company/website, due to warranty issues - that's why I'm asking this question : Are there any Koodo retailers close to me that sell this cellphone?? I've done research and haven't found anything except from other companies, maybe I'm not searching the right thing? Anyways, I'd love to have this phone, if anybody has read my long paragraph and listened my struggles with technology and has an opinion please speak up and thank you so much, hahaha. Good Day :) 

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
https://youtu.be/D7I2UllgH1k
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...I hear more issues with the Essential phone on the community than any other phone.  Based on that, I would not recommend it
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...That's a cool website I compared a couple different models, heading out tomorrow to buy the A8 🙂 Thanks again !
Userlevel 5
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8886&idPhone2=8710

for a side by side between A8 and Essential
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...The A8 is noticeably better. Larger screen. Better cameras. Smaller bezels. More ram. Much better CPU. I'd still pick the Essential over it. It's a true flagship.
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...Oh wow that seems nice too I can't make up my mind anymore! A8 or Essential (great sales)  
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...Wow, good eye. The A8 is as good as the A5, just more updated I'm guessing? So many different models make it difficult for me to see which one is best.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...Actually the Essential is smaller than the A5... Here's a photo I just took of the two beside eachother, sorry for the mess my kid was just using the A5 with food hands lol

Userlevel 5
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...Kathryn if when you go to the Koodo Shop the A8 is still the same price as the A5 go for he A8 dear.
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...Looking towards the A5 now, simple and seems very good with all the reviews online. I didn't notice the Essential Phone at first seems very nice but big and so many GB that won't be used.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...I actually like the notch.... I have an A5 as well and it slows down as well but nowhere near what the Q6 does, it's fine for my kids to use though and it's held up to being thrown when my 2 year old gets mad at it many many times lol. (with a cheap case on it that is)
Userlevel 5
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...the "Ghost Touch" and network issues made me opte for the A5 few months back and now that the A8 is at $0 on TAB Med it was no-brainer for me last weekend.

And I personally HATE that stupid "Notch"....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money...I would have but mine has been having a ghost touch issue which makes it absolutely infuriating to use when it just freaks out and starts tapping different things on the screen one after another with me not even touching it. With that and seeing others having the same issue I can't recommend it anymore until I take it to Koodo and send it for repair and see how they deal with it. If you get one that doesn't have the issue then without question it is the best option by far in the price range no questions asked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the Essential PH-1. It's hands-down the best value for the money Koodo has to offer right now. $460 outright or $0 on Tab M.

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/essential-phone
When you are asking for a long lasting phone, what do you mean?
They all can last long physically...
Yes I'm thinking on going to the boutique in person for those sales and to talk someone face to face, thanks@TJ.  Still looking into which models, thinking of A5 now but still searching. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ysh the q6 has a budget CPU and is way overpriced. Or go with Ivan's suggestion below. I forgot all about it. It's a full on flagship with 128gb storage. Can't beat it for the price.
Userlevel 5
FYI there's a KOODO boutique in "Galerie Joliette" and the A8 is still at $0 TAB Med as a "in-store promo".

I have no idea how long that special gonna last so you better make you choice and go get it by this weekend if you go for the Galaxy A8 
Awesome, thanks ! 
Userlevel 5
You can compare both devices on gsmarena.com and I recommend you check the reviews on:
-A8
http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-a8

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-a8

-Q6
https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/10/31/lg-q6-review-prettiest-budget-phone-mid-range-price/

https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-q6-review-795934/
Righto 32GB is perfect then! Still looking in on the Q6 or A8 I believe are my final choices, does anybody know cons against these two? Someone mentioned the performance goes down after a month or so for the Q6 but I'm still willing to buy it and keep it organized and keep it updated. Thank you all 🙂
Userlevel 5
 the Q6 and both A5 and A8 have 32GB internal plus you can add a SD card up to 128GB.

So you'll have plenty of space mate
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And Koodo doesnt carry Asus or Xiaomi.

I think LG is your best options after reading your posts@Kathryn
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depends on how many years you plan on using it. 16 was good for several years. Depends on how many apps you use. Most people don't end up with a lot of apps that they use more than once a week. I'd say 32gb would be good for over 3 years u less you're a heavy app user. 64gb is still on more expensive phones so it depends on your budget. You'd be limited to Asus or Xiaomi for lower cost 64gb phones
I'm still uncertain about the 32GB I didn't know how much space I'd have left after (20GB you say so long term that isn't much) I think I may go with 64GB if it's something I plan on making last. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're left with 10gb on light skinned android phones with 16gb. I personally don't even wanna go below 64gb but 32 should still be good for a while yet. Leaves you with well over 20gb for apps. I recall my original moto g would have 3.3Gb free and it was 8gb. Definitely too little.