Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lollipop 5.0.2 made my Moto G slow

After I upgraded to Android Lollipop 5.0.2, my phone is very slow. How do I fix this or go back to old operating system? Moto G phone, approx 450 MB free RAM, 1.37 GB storage available...

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm strange, I have the Moto G and it didn't affect it at all. You could try a factory reset - make sure you backup everything though (pictures, emails, files, etc).
Userlevel 2
The update made the WIFI on my moto g kinda iffy and using Google now is somewhat of a pain as it now takes much more time to start up. Would not recommend.
Badge +4
Graham MacCara wrote:

The update made the WIFI on my moto g kinda iffy and using Google now is somewhat of a pain as it...

If the Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced and consider changing two settings. Ensure that 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' is set to 'Always'. Make sure 'Avoid poor connections' is not ticked.
Userlevel 2
Graham MacCara wrote:

The update made the WIFI on my moto g kinda iffy and using Google now is somewhat of a pain as it...

Sadly this is my current settings already but I'm going to try and clear the cache partition. Thanks for the assistance tho.
I have the Moto G as well, and the update totally screwed up my phone. It's slower and sometimes hesitant and I did do a 'reset' and it did not help at all. My pastor's wife has a Moto G as well and she has the same problem. So, waiting for answers as well as you all.
Userlevel 2
Hey there! Have you tried to clear the cache partition? Click here for detailed instructions: http://koo.do/1CwvoKM. Keep us posted! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Clearing the cache partition seems to have fixed it, thanks!