Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lock screen pop up message on Samsung Galaxy S2X

HI, I was just wondering if Lock screen pop up message on Samsung Galaxy S2X is an option that I can enable on my phone? It's annoying to have to unlock it every time I want to see the message. You know, the way it is on iPhones... the box pops up on the lock screen. Can I get that on my Samsung Galaxy S2X, or am I just out of luck?

24 replies

i'am not sure if the option is availaible on the Samsung GSII, but if it is like other phones you should find the option under SMS > settings > Notification preview.
Get it solved ! wrote:

i'am not sure if the option is availaible on the Samsung GSII, but if it is like other phones yo...

GSII ? No S 2 X... And I don't know where, if that exists, to find the SMS settings once I'm in the Settings window (the first one). You'll need to be more clear.
Get it solved ! wrote:

i'am not sure if the option is availaible on the Samsung GSII, but if it is like other phones yo...

i was meaning S2 X. The SMS settings could be found by accessing your SMS inbox and then pressing the menu button (the very left one)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get it solved ! wrote:

to access the sms settings page, tap the messaging app, then tap the menu button at the bottom left hand corner of the phone. choose the option that says settings.
Get it solved ! wrote:

I still don't see any SMS option. Seriously.. Once I'm in settings there's no 'texting options' whatsoever.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get it solved ! wrote:

From the main screen of the phone, tap the messaging app. This opens the main messaging screen which displays all of your conversations. From this screen, tap the menu button on the phone. It's located in the lower left hand corner and looks like a half sheet of paper with two lines on it. from the pop-up menu that appears, choose settings. This is the SMS settings page.
Get it solved ! wrote:

Haha you know, I thought that's what you meant, but I was in a conversation when I tried, and hadn't thought to go back a step. Anyway, I don't seem to have that option anywhere. 😞 I"m sad.
Get it solved ! wrote:

Sorry for you 🙂
Userlevel 7
I don't believe the Samsung app has this option. Go to the play store and grab either Chomp SMS or Handcent SMS. Both of these apps have the option to display your message in a box over the lock screen. Remember to disable notifications from the built in messaging app so you won't get double notifications.
Chad Burr wrote:

I don't believe the Samsung app has this option. Go to the play store and grab either Chomp SMS o...

Thanks Chad! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I don't believe the Samsung app has this option. Go to the play store and grab either Chomp SMS o...

You're very welcome Ardwinna! Come visit the community anytime you have a question about your phone or Koodo. You can normally get an answer 24/7!
Chad Burr wrote:

Hm, I don't like that app. 😞 It's icky.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Chomp or Handcent? Chomp is my favorite. Then Handcent or GOSMS Pro
Chad Burr wrote:

Handcent. Ick. I just want to see the message pop up on the screen and a button to lead me to the droid messaging app to respond. I didn't want an actual message app additional. Hence the ick.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yes you need to disable the default messaging app. Go through Handcent settings, one of them should make it the default.
Chad Burr wrote:

Handcent is kind of awful in its design, I don't recommend it.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Like I said, I prefer Chomp, it's simple and smooth.
Chad Burr wrote:

Oh, I completely understand what you wrote the first time. I just don't want to msg thru handcent at all. I want to see my texts pop up on my screen when the phone is locked. That's it. Not a secondary msg'ing app.
Chad Burr wrote:

You're right. Chomp SMS is a way nicer app. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

On top of your screen you should see an "i" inside square, click on it manually to see if you got SMS notifications and like Chad/GIS all samsung phones have SMS notifications.
Chad Burr wrote:

No, I don't have that, and no, that's nto an option for this particular samsung.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

And that wouldn't accomplish what we are trying to do here. Op wants a pop up on lockscreen.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

I understand, you want it to be like on iPHONE, in this case Samsung got beaten on this by Apple!
Userlevel 6
Try LockerPro Lockscreen from the Google Play Store. It pretty accurately replicates the iOS 6 Lockscreen. If you want the iOS pop-ups the same Dev has several Apps that do that too.