Koodo Community

Community

Solved

lock button on ace 2x isn't working

my samsung ace 2x has been working fine since christmas when i got it. I recently went camping and brought it with me, it was in the tent during a thunder storm and I don't think it got wet. There was a little bit of moisture on it every morning from dew but there were no problems with it until it lost battery and died. I was able to turn it on after it charged but my lock button stopped working. It has since died and I am unable to turn my phone on, making it unusable. It shows that it is charging, but nothing else. please help i need my phone!!
icon

Best answer by Mo D. 16 August 2013, 05:00

Hey anglident, Sad to hear about your phone, but water damage from dew could have messed up your circuitry. Seems like the phone is still alive though. Have you tried: 1) soaking it in a bowl of DRY rice. Trust me that stuff soaks up moisture and saved a phone I once dropped in a pool. 2) Try taking it to a local repair shop to dry out and check the circuitry. Good luck!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Hey anglident, Sad to hear about your phone, but water damage from dew could have messed up your circuitry. Seems like the phone is still alive though. Have you tried: 1) soaking it in a bowl of DRY rice. Trust me that stuff soaks up moisture and saved a phone I once dropped in a pool. 2) Try taking it to a local repair shop to dry out and check the circuitry. Good luck!