Koodo Community
Question

Location?

• 29 April 2019
  • 7 replies

I've lost my lg g6 with location turned off. Any way of turning it on remotely or through koodo website? Or any way I can use app to find it without location on?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately if you didn't have the app set up and location and data turned on then you can't use any services to find the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could also try to erase with a Google account on your device https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

It might not work if you turned off your location on your device but it is worth to try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Out of curiosity, Why would you turn location services off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Out of curiosity, Why would you turn location services off?
Lots of folks don’t want Google following them!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Out of curiosity, Why would you turn location services off?Lots of folks don’t want Google following them!

But it's so convenient when google knows where you are.

I had a buddy use it to show their location to the police to prove he was not at the crime scene when his brother committed a crime using my buddy's name,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Out of curiosity, Why would you turn location services off?Lots of folks don’t want Google following them!

I had a buddy use it to show their location to the police to prove he was not at the crime scene when his brother committed a crime using my buddy's name,

Could also be used to implicate you in something else in your area in which you had no involvement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could also be used to implicate you in something else in your area in which you had no involvement.

Being there does not make you guilty of the crime. But not being there can exonerate you