Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Locating a stolen phone.

I left my phone on top of a register at a self serve in a grocery store and it was not turned into lost and found. I did not have my Android Device Manager or locator activated. I read that it is possible to locate without those features on, but don't know how to do this. It is an LG3 and I'd really like to get it back. Can you help?. I have all serial and purchase numbers and history.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aye, I'm not sure how to locate your phone but I'm urging you to mark it as lost in self service, so people can't abuse it. Was the phone protected with a screen look?
Yes and already done
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marie Stergiou wrote:

Yes and already done

Try the police station, someone might have taken it there. Did you try the android device manager to see if it got activated after all? I received a new phone last week, all I did was install my regular apps but it's still active in the device manager.
Marie Stergiou wrote:

Yes and already done

Ya I might try RCMP in a day or so as whoever took it might just have thrown it away, or possibly taken batteries and such out of it. Other than that if it was activated I wouldn't know how to find it that way either at this point. I found a site that had on two of my non carried and unused phones on it as selections for finding, but odd enough, not my current and carried phone as a choice, weird