Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Loaner Phone Policy


I am extremely disappointed with Koodo's loaner phone policy. I had to take my HTC M8 in for a repair, which was covered by the warranty. Awesome. I had an old iphone that I was able to use in the meantime. When I got my phone back, the same problem that I had sent it away for was still occurring, so I went back to Koodo to send it away again. Declined the loaner phone because I still had my iphone, however the next day my iphone stopped charging. I bought a new charging cable and tried all that I could to get my iphone up and running again. No luck. So I went back to Koodo to see if they could help me out with a loaner phone and they could not!! I am not sure what the exact issue was or why they couldn't, but regardless I am without a phone and totally inconvenienced because of it. I am a nursing student who works a whole bunch of on call shifts and being reachable is incredibly important to me at this time of year.  

All in all I am not happy with the customer service side of koodo. As a top, second, tier company I think they could serve their customers a little better than they do. This is not the first time a koodo policy has affected my service. I am a former Rogers customer and while their plans are more expensive, the customer service side of the company is a lot more flexible and easier to work with.

Cell phones and cell phone plans are not cheap by any means and yet we live in a world that is difficult to get by without service companies like koodo. I just wish they valued the money that we give them and helped us out a little more when we are inconvenienced by service interruptions.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That doesn't sound right. I'll reach out to Koodo and see what could've happened and if you could be provided with a loaner phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

That doesn't sound right. I'll reach out to Koodo and see what could've happened and if you could...

Seems like its a problem with store level reps that keep giving out false information and arent trained properly . Stupid really.
Ivan wrote:

That doesn't sound right. I'll reach out to Koodo and see what could've happened and if you could...

Thank you Ivan, I appreciate any info you might have 🙂
Userlevel 4
The matter seems to be more complex. Felicia had the opporunity to get a loaner and she declined it. It seems that either you accept the loaner offer on the spot or you miss it. It is not logical though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

The matter seems to be more complex. Felicia had the opporunity to get a loaner and she declined ...

It shouldnt matter if she declined it. If a phone is sent in for repair, and you need a loaner. it shouldnt matter if you decline it the first day cause u think u dont need it, and then the second day you actually need it. Its a poor execution on Koodo's part in my opnion.(unless its just that stores rules.
Tiz wrote:

The matter seems to be more complex. Felicia had the opporunity to get a loaner and she declined ...

I think it may be a rule for the store. I am going to try to call them again tomorrow to see if they have an exact time frame of when my phone will be fixed, and I will try requesting a loaner phone again. Wish me luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

The matter seems to be more complex. Felicia had the opporunity to get a loaner and she declined ...

Ivan is looking into it for you. He may be able to get you something set up. But yes, you can try that as you wish.
Userlevel 4
Tiz wrote:

The matter seems to be more complex. Felicia had the opporunity to get a loaner and she declined ...

I definitely agree upon what you say, Chadwick. In fact I wrote that "it is not logic", Felicia should have access to a loaner as a part of the service from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiz wrote:

The matter seems to be more complex. Felicia had the opporunity to get a loaner and she declined ...

Yes, it's being looked into. Somebody will let her know.
Userlevel 6
Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop did you visit? Were you able to give them a call and get things sorted out? Keep us posted!
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

Hi Melissa, I was at the kiosk at the Georgian Mall in Barrie Ontario. I wasn't able to contact them today like I had planned, because I am busy with projects and work today and I still have no way to contact anyone., because I have no phone lol
Userlevel 6
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

Thanks Felicia! I'll send them an email and get back to you once I get some news!
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

I am still without a phone... any word yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

I have a phone i can send you until yours returns if you want to. But I will need it back. Its a Nexus 5 .
Userlevel 6
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

Hey Felicia, I just got your answer for you.  The only time that you can request a loaner phone is while the repair transaction is being made once you go to the store.  The request for the loaner and the request to send your phone out to repair is on the same transaction and cannot be modified after it's sent to repair. There's no process in place to give out loaner phones without creating a new repair request. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

So why was Felicia told she couldn't get a loaner since she still had her iPhone?
Userlevel 6
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

From what Felicia was explaining, she refused the loaner since she had her iPhone to use.  She went in the day after to request a loaner since her iPhone stopped working
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

"...When I got my phone back, the same problem that I had sent it away for was still occurring, so I went back to Koodo to send it away again..."

Isn't this mean that she sent it for repair 2nd time?
Sent it for repair (1st time)> got it back > still have issue > went back to store > sent it for repair (2nd time)
Then it should be a different process/transaction.
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

"...Declined the loaner phone because I still had my iphone,  ...."

That's the key point I missed. She refused the loaner the day she sent it out for the 2nd time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

Oh, I mixed up too. (I read that she declined the loner phone at the first time)
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

So did I 😛 It's just unfortunate the way they have it set up. 
Userlevel 4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

I am sorry to say "I told you so" but I told you so. Now it is in the hands of Koodo to change this policy that is definitely not logic and, sorry, a bit silly.
Userlevel 4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

Chadwick, I received the e-mail with your comment "When did you say that Tiz? :p", but this does not show in the thread. Anyway, I said that three days ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

Yeah im having issues sending replies from my phone. I was out of the house when I said that.
Userlevel 4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Felicia! We would need to contact the store directly to see what happened. Which Koodo shop d...

It is not your phone because I received the e-mail with the content of your comment but I did not find the comment in the thread. Eventually the problem is in the community.koodomobile.com system.

Reply