Koodo Community

Community

LGG5 not receiving text messages

I bought an LGG5 earlier this year and have had this problem on and off for the last few months. I can send text messages just fine but for some odd reason I am not receiving text messages. When this first happened a few months ago, I called the koodo support line a couple of months ago and they did all sorts of things to try and fix it, but evidently that only prolonged the issue. Now that this is happening again I am rather disgruntled about the situation because it's a hit and miss with which texts I will receive. I have searched through the forum and have tried suggestions but nothing seems to be working. The folks I'm not receiving messages from are with Rogers and Bell, and phone models that are fairly recent (Huawei, Samsung 6, LGG4). I don't have any numbers on the "blocked" list, I've sent a message to myself and it's come through, I've turned it off and on again, I've taken out the battery and SIM card (which seem to be the top suggestions to try) so I really have no idea what the issue is but it's frankly starting to get very frustrating because I am paying for a service that I am clearly not receiving.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have another phone that you can put your sim card in and test to see if you recieve messages fine then?
No I don't, I only have one phone.
Userlevel 7
Mel Grant wrote:

I'd suggest a new sim card first. They can and do fail from time to time. If you goto a kiosk they can use your sim in another phone and see if they have the same issue. Unfortunately since it's sporadic, it may be hard to diagnose and fix.
Mel Grant wrote:

Koodo suggested I download Android Messenger to use as a third party messaging app for now but if there's still an issue I will try going to a kiosk.