Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LGG$ Vertical Split 2017

So I recently (as in last 2/3 months) had my phone replaced via Koodo's 7$ a month payment plan, the screen on the old phone was shattered. The new one they sent me was perfect, no issue whatsoever...and then today happened, the day of the [b]vertical split[b]. My[b] LGG4 is now half static/ glitchy whenever I try to use it, [b]I cannot properly make phone calls, text, take photos, let alone do anything. The screen is responsive underneath the glitch as if the apps were still where they were meant to be and not moving from the top of the screen to the bottom in a static blur, I read something about this being an issue with sprint back in 2015 but why now? And [b]is there anything I can do to replace the phone other then paying 80$ again?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there, I'm sure that's an LG problem so it will be replaced for free under the manufacturer warranty if you're still under one year that you have the phone!
Robert wrote:

Hello there, I'm sure that's an LG problem so it will be replaced for free under the manufact...

Well I just got this specific one from the replacement plan, I was never given any info about the manufacturer warranty and I feel as if this may have been used before
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Hello there, I'm sure that's an LG problem so it will be replaced for free under the manufact...

Replacement devices have a one year warranty. Replacement devices can indeed be refurbished (as per the service agreement).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

All the phones come with an 1 year manufacturer warranty. Unfortunately, when your screen is shattered, it's not covered under warranty since it's a physical damage. This is why you got it under the replacement plan. Now that your problem is related to the "hardware" inside your phone, you can use the manufacturer warranty. If you've been over your 1 year period, refurbished phones should have a 90 days warranty (iPhones do, don'T know about other phone companies)
Userlevel 6
Hey Duncan, Your replacement phone comes with 90 day warranty. "Your replacement phone will be of like kind and quality with similar functionality and comes with a 90-day warranty or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is greater," (page 3, Asurion Terms and Condition). You can reach Asurion by calling 1-844-574-1839. Please keep in mind, if there is any physical or water damage, that will come first in determining your claim. For example, if there is a crack on your camera lens, it will be considered as physical damage even if your chief complaint is the manufacturer defect of the screen.
So my phone just past the 1 year warranty, and is acting as discribed above, splitting vertically in half and one side slides up & down & flashing.  What can I do??? Phone is so expensive to last only 1 year ...very dissappointed.  So what I have done so far is RESET phone ...didn't fix the problem.
Userlevel 7
If the device is past the manufacturers warranty and you didn't purchase the extended warranty then I'm afraid your only option is to buy a new device.