Koodo Community

Community

LG X Power 1

I have recently spoke to LG about the nougat update for the X Power 1. They told me that the carrier decides if the phone gets the update or not. So I'm wondering if it will be released or not. If not I'm switching phones but I really don't want to.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LG Canada comment was misleading. Although the carrier is the final post to decide to push the update to your phone, Google and LG must update the firmware for the carrier before it. Carriers don't make firmware themselves. LG Canada is wiping their own guilt with misleading tricks.

Regarding your X Power1, I think LG had plans to update its Nougat firmware for it (according to this http://androidnougat.net/list-lg-phones-get-android-7-0-nougat-update/), but the date has not been announced from LG.
Dinh wrote:

LG Canada comment was misleading. Although the carrier is the final post to decide to push the up...

Thank you for the insight. I just want to know if I should switch phones or wait for the latest firmware
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

LG Canada comment was misleading. Although the carrier is the final post to decide to push the up...

Android has been updated to version 8, Oreo 8.1. However, I don't think LG will update your X Power to 8.0. Your Xpower will likely be updated to Nougat 7 (or 7.1).

It is depended on your needs, if you really need latest and fastest updates, I would suggest you try Google Pixel 2. Other manufacturers also doing good in updating are Oneplus, Essential. Samsung, LG and other brands focus only on their flagships. Other models are left forgotten after 1,2 years.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And just to add to that excellent response, Koodo will not tell you if any device has plans to be updated and will only release updates to their update schedule AFTER said update has been pushed out. (useless IMHO but it's their choice and our opinions might as well be kept to ourselves since they fall on deaf ears it seems)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless it is a Google device, I go into an android device purchase with the expectation that there will never be more updates.  If you are looking for regular and quick updates, Apple does it best.