Koodo Community

LG V20 from Freedom Mobile doesn't have data on Koodo

LG V20 from Freedom Mobile (H915) doesn't get a data connection on Koodo.

APN settings are all correct and selected.  Did network resets as well..  Still no dice.

Does Koodo connect on any of the V20's supported bands?

I can't seem to think of any other reason.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did data ever work with Koodo before?

Do you have a data block on the account?  You can check via self serve in your add-ons
Never used the phone with Koodo before.  This is a new account.  No data blocks.  

I think its because Freedom uses Band 66 which Koodo does not.  I will have to find a way to activate another band.

What frequency bands does Koodo use for LTE?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo does support this phone. Could you screenshot the APN settings you are using?
Allan wrote:

Koodo does support this phone. Could you screenshot the APN settings you are using?

The wife is out and about with the phone at the moment, but I can confirm that it is the correct APN settings as listed here under Android:
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samdavid6 wrote:

Never used the phone with Koodo before.  This is a new account.  No data blocks.  ...

Koodo uses Band 4 for LTE which the V20 supports.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samdavid6 wrote:

Never used the phone with Koodo before.  This is a new account.  No data blocks.  ...

If you can talk and text on the phone, you should be able to use data as that is all done via 3G.

You can find the Koodo APN settings here
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone
samdavid6 wrote:

Then I have no idea.  I can't find a reason that it wouldn't work.  Voice and Text works, data and MMS do not
Allan wrote:

Freedom phones will not work except with its service. Try to take an old Samsung phone to freedom from koodo and the data won't work on their system their phones are their phones nothing else works on their system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samdavid6 wrote:

There are 2 possible issues here:
1) There is an issue with the sim/account
2) There is an issues with the phone (Hardware or APN settings)

Are you able to try your sim another phone (preferably another Koodo phone)?
Are you able to try another sim (confirmed working sim) into your phone?
samdavid6 wrote:

It's definitely the phone.  I have a Nexus 6P.  Her card gets data on the 6P, my card doesn't get data on her V20.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samdavid6 wrote:

When she gets back try setting the APN type to "default,mms,supl" without the quotes.
samdavid6 wrote:

No dice.  :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samdavid6 wrote:

What happens when you put your sim in the phone?
Which carrier are you with?

samdavid6 wrote:

I'm on Koodo. Using my sim in her phone gets no data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
samdavid6 wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of the APN on the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could it be that the phone company blocked those bands?
Robert wrote:

Doesn't look like it.  I checked all the bands are open.  It works with another carrier sim as well.  So it looks just like a Koodo problem. 😞
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Dumb question, but I have to ask. Is it unlocked? From what I can find, it supports band 4, so it should work.
Robert wrote:

Yes it is unlocked.  The sim works, and calls do work.  Data doesn't however.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

I did more digging. From what I can find, it's NOT compatible with Telus/Koodo LTE.
I assume the all bands other than Band 66 are either hardware or software removed.

https://apn.how/devices/lg/4809-v20
This could be it.  There is a way to enable other bands.  She'll be back in about 20 minutes I will try then.  
Did you ever figure this out? It appears from there info Cory provided that the H915 operates on LTE band 66(1700/2100) which from what I can find is the band that koodo uses. I'm having the same trouble you had and wanted to know if you ever found a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KevinNeill wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? It appears from there info Cory provided that the H915 operates on...

Koodo uses Band 4 (1700/2100) not Band 66.
KevinNeill wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? It appears from there info Cory provided that the H915 operates on...

Did a factory reset on the phone. All works now.
Userlevel 6
KevinNeill wrote:

I assume with no LTE though, right? If I’m wrong, that’s great!