I just bought a new phone and it is an LG. LG is no longer manufacturing.
I bought it 2 days ago and found out the news today
- What exactly does that mean for me?
- Will I still get service for the next 3 years?
- Should I switch to a Samsung instead?
- Is the manufactures warranty good for 3 years?
- My new phone came with no SIM card
- My answering machine is terrible, the voices are really choppy, will a new sim card and a new phone fix this?
Any help appreciated. I am nervous to keep this phone.
Best answer by Dinh
- Unless you bought extra warranty, manufactures only provide 1 year warranty (Apple, Samsung included). There is no 3 year warranty out of the box.
- They mentioned they would continue to provide support and service for current models https://www.techradar.com/news/lg-has-officially-quit-making-phones-heres-whats-next
- Regarding the SIM card, can you check if there is a SIM included in the shipping box? It should be there. You could also use the old SIM in the new phone if the old SIM fits.
- I am not sure about the question of answering machine replacement? A cellphone isn’t meant to be used as an answering machine. You might find it cheaper if you get a new answering machine from a local store.