Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG Optimus One won't receive picture messages

LG Optimus One won't receive picture messages. I have data on my plan, but when the message comes in, I turn data on, and click the download button in the mms message, and a message comes back saying "download of message was unsuccessful." Please help!

14 replies

Follow these steps exactly http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-c.shtml --- if like the response or post give it a star or +1
I've already done that...still didn't work.
Keep your data on 1) at all times or 2)prior to someone sending you a picture message, there will be no issue receiving the picture then.
So that's my problem then? I don't have data turned on all the time because I don't need to use it at home, as I have a wireless connection. When I receive a mms, I turn data on and try to download it, but I guess it won't ever work that way?
Userlevel 6
Jcm wrote:

So that's my problem then? I don't have data turned on all the time because I don't need to use i...

Hello Jcm, No sweat, if you are at home and is using your wireless connection (WIFI), your data is automatically turned off.
Yea, leave your data on at home as the phone will automatically prioritize the wi-fi connection over the data connection. Pictures travel over the data network so they require an open connection. Hope that helps
When I first got my phone and had data enabled, I thought that it would connect to the wifi first, but I ended up having like $14 in data charges on my phone because it connected using data. So I'm always wary to leave my data on while at home. Now I have data on my plan, but I don't want to use it up, if I don't have to.
Userlevel 6
Jcm wrote:

When I first got my phone and had data enabled, I thought that it would connect to the wifi first...

Hello Jcm, Just to make you aware there are some awesome Canada-wide Data plans out there, like the 35$ 400 talk minutes, 7PM, 300Mb. What plan do you have right now? Sometimes those pay-per-use data is pesky and hit you blind with extra unexpected charges.
Right now I have the Double 30 plan...so I have 200 mb of data...so it's not likely that I'd ever reach my limit. Thanks for the comments though!
I left my data connection on...and had a picture sent to me after a little bit of having it on, and it still didn't work, the same "download unsuccessful" message appeared.
I am having a problem getting my picture messages to download . It was working fine the other day now its not please help
Tania Marie Rhodes wrote:

I am having a problem getting my picture messages to download . It was working fine the other day...

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue 😞
Userlevel 5

I am having a problem getting my picture messages to download . It was working fine the other day...

Do you have an open cellular data connection?

Yes, I believe so. But what exactly do you mean by 'open'? 3G/4G?