Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG Nexus 4 Unlocked not Finding Koodo Network

"your sim card doesn't allow a connection to this network" Koodo Tech support just told me to due a factory reset, then this showed up. I cannot connect to the Koodo Network Now I've done my research online http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=21908 1 or 2 problems: 1. Broken SIM card tray 2. Lost or stolen phone has been black listed Neither is possible, bought the phone from Google Play directly (should be brand new, should) and also, sim tray is fine. Additionally, I try to connect automatically to the Koodo network, and only "Rogers Wireless, Telus, and Bell" show up. Where is Koodo?

36 replies

Userlevel 2
Have you tried doing a manual network search?
Userlevel 4
They told you to do a factory reset right away? *shakes head* I apologize if you have already done these steps. Go to Settings... More... Mobile Networks... Network Operators... Search Networks... It will search for all available networks. From what I read before it seems the automatic connection was tried and Koodo did not come up. Sometimes when you search for networks, it might come up. If that fails, technical support can check settings on the back end of things and see what is going on. A factory reset should never be done unless it is a last resort.
Userlevel 4
For piece of mind, even though it might not be the case, check the IMEI at this link. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml
Userlevel 1
Is it possible it's the SIM card itself? Do you have another phone you could try the SIM in. Also, do you have another SIM you could try in your phone?
Tyler C, and Myke: Thanks for your prompt reply, I did not want to do a factory reset, that's exactly what I thought, last resort, all my cached settings are there, and all obviously set back to default, big pain in the arse. Tyler and Myke, I've tried both suggestions, unfortunately I cannot call customer support at this point because my only phone, this one, is obviously not functional. I've tried calling with Google's free calls, but as soon as I click "6" for technical support, it says that all agents are busy and to try again later, I believe that Google free calls are not being taken "seriously" by their dialer system because they are a half-baked VOIP calling system, as such, their dialer system hangs up on me. At this point I'll have to wait to use a real phone again, my parents should be home soon enough. But damn. This should be an easy fix.
My SIM tray MAY be broken, I doubt it is, I used a pointed wooden skewer to open it, but it's fine; couldn't find my SIM tool
@Tyler C | My IMEI number checks out
@Myke Well it's probably not my SIM card, as it's a brand new Koodo Nano SIM, but I have yet to check it, remember, it was working this morning, maybe I'll try the nintendo 64 "blow it" technique, I'll clean it off and try it again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

@Myke Well it's probably not my SIM card, as it's a brand new Koodo Nano SIM, but I have ...

Nano SIM is your problem the Nexus 4 takes a Micro SIM not a Nanos SIM. The iPhone 5 is the only phone that takes a Nano SIM
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

@Myke Well it's probably not my SIM card, as it's a brand new Koodo Nano SIM, but I have ...

I did say nano, but I meant micro.
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

My sim card fits the slot, would a nano fit a micro slot?
Userlevel 2
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

I never mentioned a sim card? lol
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

sorry Myke apparently another guy@humberto, I stand corrected
Now, guys, is the Nexus 4 supposed to recognize that you've inserted a SIM card at the "now insert your sim card" screen? Cause it's not being recognized, the only option is, next, and no "oh, lookie here, your sims been inserted, now you can set up wifi" on the next screen.
Userlevel 2
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

Now, guys, is the Nexus 4 supposed to recognize that you've inserted a SIM card at the "now inser...

Turn the phone off before you insert the sim card, then turn it on. In my experience, the phone won't recognize the sim card unless the phone has been off.
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

Now, guys, is the Nexus 4 supposed to recognize that you've inserted a SIM card at the "now inser...

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

I guess Myke had it solved awhile ago lol
Userlevel 2
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

:D
Well I guess it says "skip" instead of next, correction. And keep in mind that this is all upon doing another factory reset.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you have a koodo account before you got the nexus 4? Did you change the sim card to a micro sim when you got the nexus 4? (Not asking if you have the right sim, just if the swap was done when you got the new phone) Are you sure that koodo has the correct sim card number registered to your account?
@Timo Tuokkola, good questions I did not have a Koodo account when I first got my Nexus 4. They set up the account at the kiosk, and gave me a new SIM card at that time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

@Timo Tuokkola, good questions I did not have a Koodo account when I first got my Nexus...

If you have access to self serve, I'd still recommend verifying the sim card number they have registered. (Should be under the mobile phone tab). It wouldn't be the first time the stores have mixed up the sim numbers.
Mitch McQuoid wrote:

@Timo Tuokkola, good questions I did not have a Koodo account when I first got my Nexus...

ok great
Userlevel 2
Have you activated your SIM card? Also do you have the right APN settings for Koodo configured in your phone?
quasarito wrote:

Have you activated your SIM card? Also do you have the right APN settings for Koodo configured in...

After factory reset, all the APN settings have disappeared.