Koodo Community

LG K9 not recognizing when connected to my desktop W7

• 12 February 2019
  • 6 replies

I have taken some pictures, and my new LG K9 prepaid phone is not being recognized on my desktop pc using W7. When I had my iphone 5 it would come up quickly in My Computer, not so with the LG K9.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You may need the drivers
https://www.lg.com/us/lgeai/Drivers/pages/mobile-drivers.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your phone recognized at all when you plug it into the computer? When you plug it in swipe down from the top of the phone, tap the small little charging bar and select one that says media transfer instead of just charging.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or, even better, stop plugging your phone in to transfer photos, and instead back them up to Google Photos automatically, then view them on photos.google.com from a browser on your computer. I can't remember the last time I had to plug my phone into my computer. No need in the 21st century!

Edit: this article is a bit old but still a pretty good primer: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-photos-tutorial,review-2858.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Android cable connection is also a horror story in the Mac world. Best option so far is the free version of AirDroid available from the PlayStore. Install on your mobile then connect to any pc using a browser over wifi. You can then download pix, send/receive texts and otherwise control your phone from the pc, Win or Mac.
It will charge, when I plug it into the pc. Cell off, plug in, turns on screen.

Oh man, look at this, I was going to check to see what came up on the battery icon, but it may have just been the cable because it is showing properly now on My Computer. Plus there was a pop up on my cell about USB and link to computer so I accepted. I looked for a long time for drivers, and yes I tried different cables, different usb slots, strange. Never even turned the cell off. Just went out for abit, came back to check on replies and wham, everythings good now.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Android cable connection is also a horror story in the Mac world. Best option so far is the free version of AirDroid available from the PlayStore. Install on your mobile then connect to any pc using a browser over wifi. You can then download pix, send/receive texts and otherwise control your phone from the pc, Win or Mac.

There's android transfer that does a pretty good job