Koodo Community
Solved

LG K61 multiple user android 9

• 12 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have the LG K61 and would like to enable a second user on the device but cannot find the “add user”  anywhere in settings. I need to let someone “borrow” my phone for a day for phone calls only and thought this feature may let me add a user with only phone priveledges but if not any other thoughts on how to do this ? Thank you !

icon

Best answer by rikkster 13 October 2020, 07:33

To add: the “add user/guest mode” feature is not available on LG phones after Android version Lollipop (5.1.x) back in 2014/15. Add user, guest mode or multi-user was removed because it was discovered that it could be used as a backdoor to defeat Google’s Factory Reset Protection feature.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

You do not have to take any formal action to let another user use your device for a day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would this help you out, @Bill Olson ?

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-add-multiple-users-and-use-guest-mode-your-android-phone

Badge +4

To add: the “add user/guest mode” feature is not available on LG phones after Android version Lollipop (5.1.x) back in 2014/15. Add user, guest mode or multi-user was removed because it was discovered that it could be used as a backdoor to defeat Google’s Factory Reset Protection feature.

Thank you rikkster this saves me a whole lot more wasted time!