Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G6 Online Order

Userlevel 2
Im looking to purchase the LG G6, it shows "Online Only" on the website but can I get it in store because my store has it; is the "Online Only" for the price only or...

6 replies

Userlevel 6
If your store has it, then you should be good to go. It only says online only because the stores don't normally carry it. You'll like it BTW. I have one, it's a great phone. Miles better than the G5.
Userlevel 2
Techjunkie wrote:

If your store has it, then you should be good to go. It only says online only because the stores ...

Yes, it was between that or the S8 but I don't feel like being burned alive while sleeping because of Samsung having battery issues despite none happening yet lol; I have looked at them both but yah I think I will go with the more safer version.

So it looks like I will be calling the store to make sure they have it in stock still!
Userlevel 6
Techjunkie wrote:

If your store has it, then you should be good to go. It only says online only because the stores ...

I had the S8+. I exchanged it because it had a defective pink display. The replacement they sent me ALSO had a nasty pink display. I said forget it, and sent it back for a refund. I got the G6 instead. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the S8+, but it's a solid phone with better quality control.
Techjunkie wrote:

I would get it at your store.
Userlevel 6
If it's available in store, and the store is not too far away, I'd probably call the store first to validate the promotion. Some promo's are in-store only, some promos are online only, but they mostly overlap.
Agreed with@Cory Z that the explosive battery is a non-issue with the Galaxy S8...the issues that Cory Z has reported on a previous thread is a good enough reason not to bother with the S8.
LG G6 does appear to be a solid phone, I just can't justify the price and won't go with LG because we can't unlock bootloader, meaning no ROM's, also FWIW doesn't help to have limited repair centres for LG.
Userlevel 6
Yea, and let's be honest. I'm only HOPING I won't get the world famous LG bootloop with this G6 at some point, lol.