Koodo Community
Solved

LG G5 stuck in bootloop after Android 7 update

Just updated BRAND NEW LG G5 to Android 7. Now it is stuck in a boot loop. Starting from the "Android is starting" message with a status bar that begins at 28% then reaches 100%. After that it goes to the LG start up logo and is stuck in a loop. then I'm redirected back to the "Android is starting" screen and it reloads to 100%, then back to the LG logo, etc...   Please help! 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try doing a hard reset of the phone, and that may kick it free from the boot loop. I believe it is by holding power and volume down till it reboots. If you get to the factory erase screen. Do not hit yes unless you want to wipe the phone
Chadwick wrote:

Try doing a hard reset of the phone, and that may kick it free from the boot loop. I believe it ...

So far that's not working. Tried the hard reset by holding the power and volume down but I can't even turn the phone off unless I pull the battery. Pulled the battery and it brings me back to the boot loop before sending me back to the "Android is starting..." screen
Chadwick wrote:

Try doing a hard reset of the phone, and that may kick it free from the boot loop. I believe it ...

This is also happening on the LG G3 so it might be a software problem
So far that's not working. Tried the hard reset by holding the power and volume down but I can't even turn the phone off unless I pull the battery. Pulled the battery and it brings me back to the boot loop before sending me back to the "Android is starting..." screen
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Rochon wrote:

So far that's not working. Tried the hard reset by holding the power and volume down but I can't ...

Sorry your having issues. Try inserting the battery immediately after press the power and volume. Does that do anything?
Adam Rochon wrote:

So far that's not working. Tried the hard reset by holding the power and volume down but I can't ...

yeah it brings me to an "IMEI Display" screen, showing a bar code and a number. then says "press the POWER key to exit and restart phone". but that just restarts to boot loop. 
Adam Rochon wrote:

after speaking with an LG rep and Koodo support it looks like I need a new phone. This is after my original LG G3 stopped working last week, they sent me a replacement that was malfunctioning so bad I had to ask for a replacement for the replacement. So I decided to just get a NEW phone, which arrived today. This phone is literally hours old. 
Userlevel 1
Adam Rochon wrote:

I'm really sorry you're not having much luck with your phone. Especially given this is a new one after a replacement of a replacement. I hope it works out quickly and greatly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Rochon wrote:

Okay well I'm glad there's some sort of answer. Hopefully this will be the last of your phone troubles. Best of luck.