Koodo Community
Solved

Lg g5 software update?

Does anyone know what the updates ares that are currently downloading on my LG G5? It's been downloading for about an hour and still only at 40%.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All updates have notes that you can view before downloading. You could also google the update number and see what it tells you. I'll look more into it for you and if I can find anything I'll reply again. Cheers
Userlevel 2
Chadwick wrote:

All updates have notes that you can view before downloading. You could also google the update num...

That is fine if it waits, mine started downloading with out asking me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

All updates have notes that you can view before downloading. You could also google the update num...

Software updates don't just start by themselves. You have to agree to a couple things before installing. You or someone else would've had to hit install or install overnight for it to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The update said it was added things to improve the screen/LCD. The update took only about 20 minutes for me. If it is stuck at 40% you may need to restart your device and see if that fixes things.
Userlevel 2
Allan wrote:

The update said it was added things to improve the screen/LCD. The update took only about 20 min...

My update took hours on 25/10 VDSL.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

The update said it was added things to improve the screen/LCD. The update took only about 20 min...

I'm on 150/50 so thats most likely why it downloaded faster for me.
Allan wrote:

And this new ups date thats happening now ? Any one knkw what it is for ? I font want it if its going to change my phone all up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Wha update is rolling out to your phone Jonathan?
Allan wrote:

93% ill re comment when its done but it did say when i changed the auto install setting that once it installs the new update i cant go back . and this is why im asking
Allan wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I tried looking it here : https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates

But don't know what this update does. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can always try contacting LG directly or google if there's a change log anywhere but that's unlikely.
Allan wrote:

So could it be a hack scam?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

They properly haven't updated it, or the list omitted the G5. The information on the list was properly updated "after the fact", not "incoming".

@Jonathan: it seemed to be a legit update. Another customer also asked about it today.
Allan wrote:

Ok thanks guys
Allan wrote:

Anything new or is this just another security / bug fix update? Mine is at 83%, it's taking hours just to download it...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I think It was a security update. Google has released lots of security related to KRACK and other things.

Allan wrote:

Ive bin reading up and A few ppl in the Lg G5 world are saying they thinks its un likly to be a Oreo up date but that was a couple months ago
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Far too small to be Oreo. May as well wait and see.
Allan wrote:

Ive got a email in to Lg about it. Ill post tomorrow with the their answer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Likely a security update. Koodo has released a bunch in the past couple of weeks. https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates
Allan wrote:

In less you know what it is there is no point point in speculation
Allan wrote:

I don't see anything new or different now that it's finished, so I assume it to be a security update... still android version 7.0.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can go into your settings, about phone, software info, and see what security patch your on. This should give a good idea wether it was one or not.
Allan wrote:

Says January 1, 2018