Koodo Community

Community

Question

LG G5 reboot loop

On Saturday, I upgraded my phone to a LG G5 through Wow Mobile. On Thursday, the phone got stuck in a bootloop after I tried to take a picture (constantly booting, only can stop it by doing a battery pull, can't boot into safe mode, can get to hard reset but just keeps booting). 

The Wow store is getting in a new LG G5, as it's within 15 days, but I'm very concerned about this. 

What are my best steps to make sure I have a working phone? Should I try to cancel the whole thing, can I reset the 15 days somehow, can I actually get a dependable LG G5, is the Koodo warranty (which I did buy, for $9 a month) actually worthwhile? The original Wow person said it was a good idea and I could cancel at any time, but reading about it online there seems to be a $200 fee if I try to get a phone repaired under warranty, which is ridiculous). 

thanks for any assistance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The $200 is for a repair not covered by warranty (i.e. physical/water damage). The warranty covers to bootloop issue. I'd exchange the phone for another G5 and see how it goes. I've had that phone, and loved it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's nothing you can do to ensure nothing happens from another g5 but by probabilities you'll likely be ok once you exchange it. You're covered by warranty if it's past 15 days. If you do the extra protection you would pay the same or less over time as 9 a month plus replacement fee with the warranty so I'd cancel it. They have excellent warranty services as I am said so to make sure you don't need to replace a broken screen I'd get a spigen tough armour case for your g5 and enjoy it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also the G5 is covered now for up to 2 full years under the manufacturer warranty for this bootlooop issue if it ever happens again so really not a huge issue if it happens again on tbr next one you get. I also recommend a Tempered Glass screen protector, you can get them for under $10 on eBay and it will break that before it breaks your phones glass and then only cost you another $10 for a new one if somthing does happen.