Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G5 Order

Userlevel 2
I know when ordering the LG G5 it shows "[b]This phone will ship in 1-2 weeks. Shipping takes 1-3 days.
[b]Once you submit your order, your credit card will be charged and account changes will take effect immediately."

Is this just an estimation or really how long it will take, has anyone order one recently and did it take that long or was it just that in general?

I have ordered it and I am just wondering if thats the wait lol

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ashley, That's the wait, those times are changing all the time and go from expected delivery of stock on specific models of phones that are popular at the time.
If you get it early then consider yourself lucky but times are pretty accurate
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Ashley, That's the wait, those times are changing all the time and go from expected delivery o...

Ok I have been keeping an eye on it, the past week it hasnt changed and has still been the same; I am wondering why it is in such demand unless it is because of the bonus deal and its new customers coming in. Im just constantly changing phone, I have a problem lol; I just got a Moto G4 Plus from Koodo not even last month and I so wish I had grabbed the LG G5 because there was no wait on it.

Im not an android user Im mostly iOS but since having the Moto G4 Plus I want something a bit better with speed and camera, so I decided to spend a bit more for a better android device; I am mostly iOS because my first android experience wasnt so good and I started with the Motorola Charm which was a huge fail and put me off android for a very very long time.

I can't wait to see what the LG G5 has to offer as I have been doing a lot of research on it from the Moto G4 Plus!
Userlevel 2

Hi Ashley, That's the wait, those times are changing all the time and go from expected delivery o...

I bought mine at a kiosk. Don't have a use for the f.gift.
Userlevel 2

I don't think I have a Kiosk here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can use this tool to find the closest Koodo retailer. https://www.koodomobile.com/find-nearest-store
Userlevel 1

i was told the 2 weeks when i ordered, and the phone showed up the following day.
Userlevel 6

@Ashley, sorry to hear that the Moto G4 Plus wasn't up to snuff for you. Moto phones offer a near stock/vanilla Android experience, similar to the Google Pixel/Nexus phones, but much cheaper and have a memory card slot and often even FM radio.
If you're into jailbreaking iOS on iPhones, the Moto phones would be your Android phone of choice. It's easy to unlock bootloader and root Moto's.
For LG's, they have the LG overhead and LG branding features. Not quite the vendor lock-in found in Apple products, but similar to Samsung. The LG G5 Canadian variant won't allow bootloader unlocking, meaning no dice on root.
The LG G5 is a more powerful phone than the Moto G4 Plus. A Moto phone with more similar specs would be the Moto Z Play.
Certainly hope you enjoy your G5 more than your Moto G4 Plus!
Userlevel 2

I currently cancelled my order and found one at a kiosk a few minutes from me, I don't know why I didnt think to call in the first place; just waiting on my refund as I went with the small tab but now everything is good to go and now Im just waiting on a case and screen protector to come in!
Userlevel 6

W00t, good on you for ordering accessories online.
Userlevel 2

Also titaniumtux I know what you mean by vanilla, I have a friend online who knows about android (as I am an ios fan girl) lol so I know what can and cant be done but I didnt really have the mean to jailbreak the phone anyways; I just wanted an android a bit closer to my iPhone 7 Plus with good speed and camera specs. Im selling my Moto G4 Plus and just waiting on a buyer to come along, nothing wrong with it as I got it refurb from Koodo there is only a tiny scratch on the camera but its nowhere on the lens where it would mess with the camera.

I also put my own theme on it that I had on my Moto G4 Plus and I am liking the speed of the LG G5 compared to my Moto G4 Plus, I did research on it before purchasing and I think it might be a good phone to stick with as a secondary if my iPhone becomes out of commission.
Userlevel 6

@Ashley glad you're finding yourself at home on Android. You'll get better specs with the LG G5 than the Moto G4 Plus. Keep in mind that the G4 Plus, despite being a mid-range phone, is an evolution of a budget phone, whereas the LG G5 is indeed a flagship.
If you ever consider a Moto phone, skip the G series and go with X or Z series (depending on what Lenovo flavours the market with).
Userlevel 2

Oh I agree with the Moto G4 Plus being more then just a budget phone, it defiantly is but with me being so use to the speed of my iPhone I just needed a little more umph; I was also looking at the other Moto devices but it was way more then what I wanted to pay on tab for just a spare phone. Also for some reason I am having a hard time finding a buyer for my Moto G4 Plus despite it only being less then a couple months old which is odd.