Koodo Community

LG G5 Issue

ever since i update my LG G5 to Android 8 my Auto Dim, always on display and GPS stopped working.
Do you know of any fix , other than factory reset?

11 replies

Badge +4
ever since i update my LG G5 to Android 8 my Auto Dim, always on display and GPS stopped working.

Can you go into your settings(display) of the phone to change it to what you want? Settings then general then location to turn location on. Or have you done this and they still wont work?

Can you go into your settings(display) of the phone to change it to what you want? Settings then general then location to turn location on. Or have you done this and they still wont work?

thanks.
All the settings are on/active they just don't work properly.
thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Had a similar issue with LG V20. Nav apps would no longer see GPS though settings said it was on. Used Compass for Android app and followed recalibration procedure (waving the phone in a figure-8 pattern) and now all is good. Can't advise about auto dim.
Had a similar issue with LG V20. Nav apps would no longer see GPS though settings said it was on. Used Compass for Android app and followed recalibration procedure (waving the phone in a figure-8 pattern) and now all is good. Can't advise about auto dim.

thanks, I just notice the calibration button is now missing on the G5
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was your phone from Koodo originally? And it was a pushed update from Koodo?

If you have tried many things, you might consider to reset to the factory settings. Consider your time spent on fixing it vs waiting time of the reset.
Was your phone from Koodo originally? And it was a pushed update from Koodo?

If you have tried many things, you might consider to reset to the factory settings. Consider your time spent on fixing it vs waiting time of the reset.

thanks. yes its from Koodo .
I'm not good with techs and just don't want to loose my info during the reset.

thank,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thank,

Sometimes, it was best to reset to factory resetting and restore data from a backup. It will make your phone run properly as manufacturer want.

LG can backup phone data to your SD card and restore from it. You could also backup it online also https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150104708841

Also, if you sign in google with your phone, your contact should also be backup on those.

thank,
Sometimes, it was best to reset to factory resetting and restore data from a backup. It will make your phone run properly as manufacturer want.

LG can backup phone data to your SD card and restore from it. You could also backup it online also https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150104708841

Also, if you sign in google with your phone, your contact should also be backup on those.

thanks will give it a shot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Had a similar issue with LG V20. Nav apps would no longer see GPS though settings said it was on. Used Compass for Android app and followed recalibration procedure (waving the phone in a figure-8 pattern) and now all is good. Can't advise about auto dim.thanks, I just notice the calibration button is now missing on the G5

Try deleting Compass for Android, then re-installing it fresh from the app store. Make sure you launch it for the first time outdoors with a good view to the sky. It should automatically bring up the calibration process.

Had a similar issue with LG V20. Nav apps would no longer see GPS though settings said it was on. Used Compass for Android app and followed recalibration procedure (waving the phone in a figure-8 pattern) and now all is good. Can't advise about auto dim.thanks, I just notice the calibration button is now missing on the G5
Try deleting Compass for Android, then re-installing it fresh from the app store. Make sure you launch it for the first time outdoors with a good view to the sky. It should automatically bring up the calibration process.

Is there a specific COMPASS FOR ANDROID you are referring to
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The one by Vozvozer