Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G5 android update stuck at secure start up - knock code not registering

April 2017 - LG G5 android update stuck at secure start up - knock code not registering which is a big concern since this is supposed to be a screen software update.  It's still showing 30/30 attempts and there is a soft ticking sound periodically.  The screen does register the "knock" by flashing the correct square and the pattern worked yesterday so clearly the update is screwing the phone.  

Can/Should I shut it off?  If so, how?

TIA
Annoyed.

10 replies

Ok - just had to leave alone for half an hour or so and now it seems to have got past that part but I'm kind of bummed about all the bad reviews for Nougat especially the bad battery life thing.  I guess we'll see.
Bryndis Swan wrote:

Ok - just had to leave alone for half an hour or so and now it seems to have got past that part b...

i dont know whats my pin
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bryndis Swan wrote:

Ok - just had to leave alone for half an hour or so and now it seems to have got past that part b...

Khadir, could you create a new thread with some more information? What pin are you referring to? Koodo account pin, password on your phone, etc. You can create a new thread here: https://community.koodomobile.com/koo...
Bryndis Swan wrote:

I turned my phone off then on. Secure start up popped out and asked for a pin to unlock the phone and i dont know what is that pin
Userlevel 6
Bryndis Swan wrote:

Try default_password You can thank me after. 🙂
Bryndis Swan wrote:

Sorry there are only numbers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bryndis Swan wrote:

Is it wanting a password for Secure Startup (as in the data encryption) or just a PIN number to unlock your device? What kind of device do you have? Do you see an option to reset the PIN, "forget your PIN", etc?
Bryndis Swan wrote:

My LG Aristo did this after attempting to change my PIN. I was playing around with the settings and activated the "Secure Startup". After restarting the screen turned white and doesnt seem to respond. But if you keep tapping the screen the keypad finally appears. Whew...thought I was looking at a hard reset and losing everything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bryndis Swan wrote:

Such a good feeling when you can fix things easier than you originally thought. Glad you got it fixed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not all new updates work out of the box, this is why you'll get some updates to fix the bugs/battery issues.