Koodo Community

Community

Solved

lg g5


Hi, I purchased the LG G5 barely 1 month ago. Battery problems started right away. I had to be careful about not letting the battery completely run off because it had trouble starting afterwards. I already took it to Koodo and they sent it for repair once because it wasn't turning on anymore. They said LG replaced the battery. Right now, after 1 week since that, my phone isn't starting again. Can I exchange the phone? Or the only option I have is to send it to repair again?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
After 15 days your only option is to send in for repair.
Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen replaced or anything. I only want the phone functional. I can still send it to repair for the battery, right?
Userlevel 6
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

Physical damage voids your manufacturers warranty. This means, you will have to get the cracked front display fixed first. By any chance, did you get the Koodo Phone Protection?
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

No.
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

But why would it void the warranty? I only want my phone functional and it's not the first time i'm having the problem. Already sent it once for repair because of the battery. 
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

I don't want the screen replaced. Only the battery or whatever problem the phone has fixed. Only bought it a month ago and I can't use it anymore...
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

I mean the physical damage is nowhere near related to my problem. 
Userlevel 6
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

When you sent it away the first time for repair, was the screen already broken?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

Took this right from the LG website for you: "Once the LG unit is out of the 1st year Warranty, is a refurbished unit, has non warrantable issues such as dents scratches, cracks do to misuse, or has been resold (2nd owner), you (the customer) are responsible for the cost of the entire repair including Parts, Labour and mileage (if the servicer requires)."
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

Once it is out of the 1st year warranty...which is not the case. 
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

When I sent it the first time for repair it had no crack whatsoever. It was the same battery issue that I have right now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

I believe youre reading that wrong. It should be read as: Once outside the 1 year warranty OR is a refurbished unit OR etc.
And exactly. They will probably say "It was working fine when we fixed it and now that you have a crack in the screen it probably broke something else too"
But, then again, we are all assuming and don't know what LG will say so it's besy to contact them ans see what they are willing to do for you. Best of luck! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Diana Cijov wrote:

Ok, thank you. Does it matter if my phone has a crack on the screen? I don't want the screen repl...

One thing too. When the Koodo rep initiates the repair process, there is a question that asks if there is any physical or water damage, once that is clicked "yes," it will ask for a deposit. I believe that is around $225. That is not really the store can control, if it was clicked "no," you will "probably" get a quote in your email once the repair centre receives your phone.

If you want to avoid LG repair service fee, and since the battery for the LG G5 is removable, you can try to contact LG directly and ask for a replacement battery.

Honestly, bring your phone to a Koodo Shop and see what they say. We're only letting you know what is the likely outcome. Is it a big crack? Or does it look more like a deep scratch?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should if you say that's all you want done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is a 90 guarantee on the warranty repair work.  This is noted on your repair paper work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
However, the incident that caused the screen to crack, may also have damaged the device internally, leading to the issue you see today.
David wrote:

However, the incident that caused the screen to crack, may also have damaged the device internall...

lol no. I had the same battery issue 1 week ago when I sent it for the first time for repair. What are the odds that a little crack is the issue when I had the same one before the crack? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

However, the incident that caused the screen to crack, may also have damaged the device internall...

Hello Diana,

Your argument makes sense. You will just have to insist a little more in order to convince them that the crack is not the issue.

Reply